Recent content by MikeInHubCity

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

1. MikeInHubCity

Running Bear's October 2018 Coffee Shop

Chet- keep that white stuff out your way. We don't like to mention the S-word in this area before November. We had S showers on Thursday. No accumulation, but flakes were flying.
  2. MikeInHubCity

Running Bear's Coffee Shop September 2018

I was talking with MOH about taking the Zephyr(& connrct with the Coast Starlight & the Surfliner) out there for that, but it all depends on if I have enough PTO available by then(& if our budget allows). We want to make that as one of a few side trips. We want to also go to Coors Field, Petco...
  3. MikeInHubCity

Running Bear's Coffee Shop September 2018

Same with rescue cats. Our fur baby was about 3 years old when we rescued her from the LCHS(Lincoln County Humane Society) about 3.5 years ago. She had been passed from one home to another(3 in total) within the same family. When she was surrendered to the HS, the woman indicated that she did...
  4. MikeInHubCity

Running Bear's Coffee Shop August 2018

Sherrell- You might want to clue those DI's into the fact that the Snyder family contributes even more to the Dems(about 52/48%). Boycotting In & Out will probably have the same result that the boycotts of CFA did. Customer lines out the door & around the building.
  5. MikeInHubCity

Louis- you might want to bring Moose & Squirrel in for questioning.
  6. MikeInHubCity

Fire station

Would not be surprised if it was WS tooling. I know that the Menards O scale trains & accessories are made by Lionel(father inlaw works for the company) & said that John has his hands in many fires in business. No surprise, considering that he is the wealthiest man in the state.
  7. MikeInHubCity

Stop & go lights didn't cooperate enough for me to ascertain which series those UP(not to be confused with Yooper) engines were. Snapped a couple photos because we don't usually see Union Pacific north of Adams in Central Wisconsin.
  8. MikeInHubCity

Louis- Beer is also great for that. Up here, our brats get a beer, butter & onions hottub, both before & after grilling. I also put beer in the bottom of the slow cooker(build a rack in the bottom with foil balls or a layer or 2 of forks) when I cook a porkloin(& cover it with kraut)- the...
  9. MikeInHubCity

Old New Members?

In that case, it's called short change.
  10. MikeInHubCity

Good evening gents. Terry- you & your wife are in my thoughts & prayers. MOH(Type 1- insulin-dependent since college) & I(type 2, as of about 4-5 years ago & on meds) are both diabetic. She gave me a real scare about 3 years ago. She was trying to stretch her insulin further than she should...
  11. MikeInHubCity

Good morning gents, on this rainy Friday morning. Only the discussion of grills & brews, here are my favs. New Glarus pretty much has a cult-like following, since you can only buy it here in Wisconsin. Raincoat- I'm a fan of a lot of those Christian rock bands, too. I saw Petra, Rez, DeGarmo &...
  12. MikeInHubCity

If your neck of the woods got anywhere near the rain that Dane County got last night(some places got 12+ inches), I'm wondering if flooding/soft ground played into the derailment.
  13. MikeInHubCity

How's that song go? Rainy days & Mondays always get me down. Took a trip to a Mennonite fabric store with MOH, about an hour away, passing our fair share of buggies on the way(Clark County is in the heart of Amish country). Planning to work on a ADM elevator kit while she goes to a craft night...
  14. MikeInHubCity

That's a PATCO car, heading back to South Jersey after being refurbished.
  15. MikeInHubCity

My rail picture for today. Spotted coming back from an overnight trip with MOH's parental units to the fishing cabin outside of Phillips, WI. A rare Thoroughbred scheme NS on CN's Superior subdivision.

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com