Recent content by mikeb2008

1. M

Rail yard in Alliance, Nebraska

I just happened to see this on Google maps: http://tinyurl.com/yc7cbff It's a satellite view of a pretty big rail yard... compared to the size of the town it is in. Anyway, just thought I'd share. :o
  2. M

Atlas Big Layout Book, HO 35, Berkshire Valley Route

I like! I used to think I had too much track per square inch of table. You have outdone me by a sufficient margin that I now feel that I can add more. :)
  3. M

Atlas Big Layout Book, HO 35, Berkshire Valley Route

Wow!!! Can you get up on a ladder and take a top-down photo so I can get an overall feel for the entire layout as it is now? Or, have you drawn a diagram?
  4. M

Weekly Photo Fun 29 Jan - 04 Feb 2010

hamltnblue: I suppose I should - thanks for the reminder. I like the look of the plow. another recent acquisition:
  5. M

Weekly Photo Fun 29 Jan - 04 Feb 2010

Ok folks, I can lurk in this thread no more!!! Those who try to stick to one era will likely be outraged :eek: Those with stunning scenery (you know who you are), well... I don't have any. YET. Anyway, I thought I'd share these pics of some recent acquisitions. Fans of D&RGW may approve.
  6. M

Where to get traction wheels for Riv Bigboy?

I'm trying to find a replacement traction wheel for the Rivarossi 4-8-8-4 factory weathered Big Boy. I have done some searching online and have not found a source. Any known sources or suggestions? I'm contacting Hornby/Rivarossi through their site too. Maybe someone has removed their...
  7. M

A ? to those of you who have ordered from HF on line

The reason for quoting long (worst case) shipping time is just to keep customers from calling for order status. This way most are pleasantly surprised when it arrives early. Also, a large portion of the population does not understand the concept of "business days", and the fact that...
  8. M

A ? to those of you who have ordered from HF on line

If it's fedex ground or "smartpost", you can pretty much ignore the expected delivery date on the tracking. It's always waaaay off for me (arrives days sooner), no matter who is the shipper. I have a harbor freight about 15 mins from me :D
  9. IMG_2885c

IMG_2885c

Pair of Louisville & Nashville Fairbanks Morse C-Liners.
  10. M

Comment by 'mikeb2008' in media 'F7 AB F3 BA lashup'

Absolutely stunning as usual. I will aspire to, but likely never reach, this level of excellence.
  11. M

Has ther been an internal shakeup at Athearn?

(sigh) I really need to cancel my MTH order :(
  12. M

Trainspeed.com poor service

PM'd you the phone # from a WHOIS lookup.
  13. M

Bachman Spectrum SD45's...

My Spectrum SD45 is slower than all my other locos too. But to their credit, it is VERY smooth. The Bachmann "non-Spectrum" locos I have, bought at the same time, are much faster but are noisy at any speed.
  14. M

Is it just me, or does MTH ignore you?

Andy, I assume these were O scale locos, right? How long ago was this. I'm wondering if they have improved. Anyone test one of their HO locos on DCC recently? I'm looking at their HO scale SD70ACe, and have a couple on order now. I am also worried about the abrupt takeoff from stop, that...
  15. M

gomotorbids anyone?

It's $9 shipping to anywhere in the US....... $20 outside US........ And the site appears to be down. I didn't break it, I swear.

Back