Marlin39's latest activity

• M
    Marlin39 replied to the thread Smaller engines.
    Quit bragging. ;) 😁
  • M
    Looks great! I have to ask how did you get perfect ballast between the ties?
  • M
    Use a driftwood wash and a dark grey wash, then add some highlights on the exposed shingle edges. Looks good
  • M
    The 2 Rapido's I have run flawlessly. Luck I guess. On the other hand I have had to send BLI products back for warranty work. One was...
  • M
    Marlin39 replied to the thread Trains.com.
    I believe you are 100% correct....unfortunately. Actual modeling will become diorama building and display at most for them. I think...
  • M
    Sorry for the thread hijack.😔
  • M
    Since we're discussing the "why are they", I'm just going to continue my Boomer "yelling at the clouds" rant... 😁 Why are companies...
  • M
    Marlin39 replied to the thread Trains.com.
    Narrow Gauge and Shortline Gazette is now almost $10 an issue. It's still full of plans, great layouts, history, and modeling, but I...
  • M
    Marlin39 replied to the thread Building My First Layout.
    Now that you've been bitten a tiny little bit by an DCC engine......It's Time to pack up the DC stuff, buy an NCE controller, and start...
  • M
    Marlin39 replied to the thread balast options.
    Buy a big bag of decomposed granite, sieve it, and you're good to go. $10 will get you 25-35 pounds. It will be light in color though.
  • M
    They were available in On30, but that gauge died, and Ebay is flooded with them in the $100-$400 range. Heck, there's been one sitting...
  • M
    Marlin39 replied to the thread I made it to the big time.
    My 15 minutes of fame is over.;).....back to being a mid 60's retiree that likes to build train stuff.:cool:
  • M
    Better pictures of Majestic Hardware
    • DSCN2435.JPG
    • DSCN2434.JPG
  • M
    This is the one they posted. I don't have FB either, but somehow I was able to see the page. Earl's Oil, Old Dominion Broom, and...
    • DSCN2458.JPG
  • M
    Go to their FB page and click on "Bar Mills Scale Model Work's Photo". You'll recognize mine in the top row, second from left.

Back