Recent content by loryray

1. L

traction DD40AX

BOB Thanks for the tip. A piece of Ballast caughtbin the bgears of the rear truck, removed and all is good. Had to take it apart to find it. Scarey for a newbe like me. THANKS
  2. L

traction DD40AX

O K Here we go. Have a DD40AX locomotive that all of a sudden has lost traction. Front truck just spins on track and goes no where. Use to work fine. Have ordered traction tires from MFG but need to know how to keep them in place. Any help on this would be appreciated.
  3. L

Gas pumps

Looking for Gas pumps for layout. Scratch building a truck stop/diner Need 6 or 8 pumps "N" scale. Any Help out there???
  4. L

purchase n w/decoder sound

Tried to install a sound digitronics decoder in atlas gp38. no go. Am disapointed w/results. Would like to purchase a n scale loco with sound and motion without breaking the bank from a reputable supplier. Does any one have ideas. Have tried inter net . Don't know if I trust e-bay.Also want to...
  5. L

Atlas turn outs

Have Atlas turouts that have 3 wires. Red Green Black. Layout is "n" scale w/Digtronocs dcc. Instructins on Atlas package calls for ac power. How do I handle this when incoming power is from a trasformer &is dc tothe Digitrax.
  6. L

engine fwd/rvs ????

fwd bacwd The engine is dcc equipped. How does that happen in dcc on dc track.
  7. L

engine fwd/rvs ????

:confused: Setting up and new to this hobby. Have a Bauchman engine dcc ready (dd40ax centennial) running on a dc set up.Engine in forward runs a short distance stops pause for about 3sec then goes opposit direction and repeats the process after running a few seconds. Can anyone tell me whats...
  8. L

what is this???

thanks(what is this?) Thanks for all the help with track problem.Digitrax solved all.
  9. L

what is this???

What does it mean when it reads "with intelligent autoreverse" Right now I Have a problem w/dc system coming off of a 4way turn out and polarity reversing on the other track. Can this be cured under dc and is that what intelligent auto reverse cures w/dcc. So far all of you have been a big bhelp...
  10. L

thanks on DCC help rail joiners flex track

Thanks to all for the advice on which DCC to use still have not made up my mind. Now I am haing a problem with Atlas rail Joiners.How in the heck do you get the two rails together when using Flex track.Is there a video or book on this subject. Thought this RR stuff would be easy HA!HA!
  11. L

dcc system

New to model rr. Need some advice as to what system to go for dcc control started laying track but am now caught up on what to purchase for a start. Layout on 4 X 8. Would like to run two engines and perhaps expand later.Looking at Digitrax SEBX Empire Builder starter set. Anybody recomend...

Back