Recent content by leva

1. L

Wiring a Peco 3-way turnout?

I read your other posts. So I am guessing your on DCC. With DCC you can buy a dual frog juicer and connect the frogs to that. That will automatically switch the polarity of the frogs. Do you have a wire connecting the frog rails to the rails right after the points?
  2. L

Wiring a Peco 3-way turnout?

Are the frogs all metal? If so, you'll have to put an insulating joiner on the rails coming out of the frog that attach to another track piece. Are you using DC or DCC?
  3. L

48"x32" roundy round

Not much to update on my roundy round layout. I don't get home often, and when I do more important matters come up. Here's a picture of my 96"× 13" layout.
  4. L

Downsizing the following kato N layout to fit my 26 x 60 bench?

Do you have any engines and rolling stock already? I think tight curves are ok for industries but it's always nice to have broad curves on at least the mainline just in case you get that one engine that requires it. Maybe some big steam engine pulling passenger cars. Do you have an era in mind...
  5. L

Opinions on scale

I'd vote for HO. The selection is greater. I've tried Z, N, HO and O 2 rail. I also have some Fn3 for outdoors. If O scale was more popular I would of stayed with it. I finally went back to what I started with, HO. It's not too small, and is by far the most popular scale. Many more items are...
  6. L

48"x32" roundy round

7. L

48"x32" roundy round

Tomorrow I'll update with more pictures. I've got some structure kits to play around with, and a crossing to finish up. The SW1500 is an Athearn RTR model. I would like to eventually repaint it to look like a local engine that used to run by our town. The Mission Mountain Railroad. It connects...
  8. L

Building a new Marklin HO layout.

I was going to suggest earplugs, but then didnt because I figured that at your age you've already figured that out. So yes, cutting out noise helps. Also looking forward to more layout updates!
  9. L

48"x32" roundy round

This will not do. I thought I could get away with using PCB tie strips to construct the crossing. I went ahead and ordered some copper clad sheets. I will remove all the ties where the crossing will go and use the copper clad board instead to solder the rails to. The crossing area will be...
  10. L

48"x32" roundy round

That first picture is just Atlas 15"R sectional pieces. I originally just wanted a loop to run the SW1500 and Trinity 2 bay covered hoppers on.
  11. L

48"x32" roundy round

12. L

48"x32" roundy round

13. L

48"x32" roundy round

14. L

48"x32" roundy round

14" R curve minimum on the main loop. Atlas code 83 18"R Snap switches. Flex track is Peco code 83. Power is an Athearn SW1500 and all rolling stock is able to get around 13.25" R curves. Some cars can handle a 12" R curve, as can the engine while coupled. Just something fun I can move around...
  15. L

DC wiring question from rookie

What do mean by the turnout being bad? Do you have a multimeter? Can you solder feeders to rail?

Back