Recent content by LesterL

1. L

Big Steam On The Layout

In 1:1, both are 4-8-4. I have never owned either one in HO gauge, but they probably are.
  2. L

Mail Call! Railway Post Office, commonly abbreviated as RPO has rolled in!

My three favorite road names in order are: My PRN (Regal Pine) Santa Fe and N&W. I will decal it to my PRN
  3. L

What HO scale starter sets do you recommend

Any Athearn or Walthers diesel starter set would be OK. Avoid Bachmann, Life Like and Tyco. My personal preference would be Athearn, but that is my personal opinion. I model transition period have a SW-1500 and a F-7 by Athearn. and I love them
  4. L

What HO scale starter sets do you recommend

Steam or diesel?
  5. L

People who don't use DCC do you think you made the right choice?

My layout is 13' 3" X 27' 3" and I'm 90 years old. My layout is dc and I can control only one train at a time . I don't need sound, so it's dc for me. I have fun
  6. L

Running Bear's June 2023 Coffee Shop

I have been on this forum for 10+ years, have never been offended by anything I read. I don't post very often on any forum and lately I was reminded to put things in their place
  7. L

Can we talk Brands

About the 4-8-4, who is the maker? I don't need smoke and does it run on straight dc? His Servant and yours, Lester
  8. L

Pilot truck keeps jumping the track

I used to be an authorized Mantua repairman and that happened on occasion because of a slightly bent axle. The pilot truck for both 4-6-2 and 4-6-4 are the same. You can find one on ebay. His Servant and yours, Lester
  9. L

Santa Fe Sunday

What a beauty!
  10. L

Testers (Rustoleum) Dullcote

I get it at Hobby Lobby
  11. L

E-Z TRACK for entire layout?

I use Bachmann EZ track and have for the last three layouts. My current layout is 28' by 14'. Have had only two bad turnouts in 10+ years
  12. L

Running Bear's January 2023 Coffee Shop

Forget the sugar cubes. They are not good for the horses. Baby carrots or apple slices are great
  13. L

Favorite Locomotive

My favorite locomotive in the prototype would be ATSF 4-8-4 number 3751 and in HO scale would be whatever is heading up the train that I am running
  14. L

Running Bear's December 2022 Coffee Shop

Looks like fun. My great grandson might start with this
  15. L

Coffee stains

We all know that coffee stains almost everything. So, I sometimes I use it to make tongue depressors look like weathered wood

Back