Recent content by LenS

1. LenS

Help With Proto 2000 GP38-2 Fuel Tank

Thank you. That's exactly what it was. A little bit of overkill on the amount of tape. Len S
  2. LenS

Help With Proto 2000 GP38-2 Fuel Tank

Hi, My first post is a request for help (go figure). I have a P2K GP38-2 that I put a TCS LL8 decoder in and thought I did it correct. When I pit it on the test track to program, I get a message that there is a short detected and the locomotive runs independent of my hand held controller. I'd...
  3. LenS

Accurate Finishing INC.

Great Timing! I just finished assembling two ACF kits (#1058) marked for ADM. If you check HOSeeker.org, click Literature, then Accurail, then McKean, then Hoppers, these are the instructions. Otherwise, I can PM you a copy of mine, although there are rust spots on them. Just a side note...
  4. LenS

Help With Genesis Product Number

Forum members, I posted this question on another site, but haven't heard anything back on it, so I'll ask you folks. I just purchased a set of SD75i locomotives and have a question about the SKU numbers. One is of the usual G6xxxx series and the other is of the CHC57xxxx series. They are...
  5. LenS

Ignorant question about couplers

All the part numbers, the instruction and examples are on the Kadee web page. There is a Kadee HO Conversion List http://www.kadee.com/conv/holist.pdf That shows all the info you should need. Once you get started, it becomes fairly easy. Watch EBay and other Sales Sites like HOYardsale...
  6. LenS

Anybody know what this car is?

Jim, That sounds like a plan! Bachmann it is!!! :D Thanks to you all for your responses and the information in a super quick manner. Len S.
  7. LenS

Sorry, the car is HO scale, all yellow and a black brake wheel. I don't have a camera, so I can't post a picture. Len S.
  8. LenS

I just picked up a nice, clean 50' DD boxcar, lettered for Railbox, road number 10010. Because I'm a nerd, I like to keep all my cars in an inventory database, but I don't know the manufacturer, nor have I ever seen markings like this. The car is very similar to the Tyco cars I have, with the 4...
  9. LenS

A Little Help?

Does anybody know if E&C Shops is still in business? I have picked up several cars from EBay and my LHS and was looking to 'fill in the gaps'. Also, being the nerd I am, does anybody know the Walthers manufacturer number for E&C? I keep all of my inventory in a database and one of the fields is...
  10. LenS

Roundhouse and Bev-Bel Inventories

The sets of 3 to 6 cars are what I'm most interested in. I think they also had sets up to 12 cars. It's nice that they replicated Athearn cars with different road numbers, making fleet expansion a bit easier. Len
  11. LenS

Roundhouse and Bev-Bel Inventories

Does anybody have a good source for finding the kit numbers for Roundhouse and Bev-Bel HO freight cars? I've already checked HOSeeker, the MDC Yahoo site and most of the sales on Ebay in an effort to associate Road Numbers and Names with kit numbers. Athearn, Atlas and Accurail are a lot easier...
  12. LenS

Bev-Bel rolling stock

Bev-Bel source I picked up most of my 75 pieces of Bev-Bel rolling stock from an EBay dealer, Yankeedabbler. Reliable, quick and reasonable. I like the Athearn versions much better than the Roundhouse versions, of which I have a few. If you find another source, I'm looking to find a few cars...
  13. LenS

Con-Cor information

I just picked up some Con-Cor PFE 57' reefers and was looking to fill in a few informational blanks before I add them into my inventory. Is there any place or anybody that keeps a list of all Con-Cor kits and cars produced? Athearn has the Blaisdell book, several SIG's and a fairly up-to-date...

Back