Recent content by kz9

1. K

Cement and Stone Layout

So I had to lengthen one of my spurs on the way back to the yard and also add a run around like someone mentioned ..... :p Operation works, but its not as efficent as some. I also played with the yard a bit. I can hold all the cars that a mine can spot. 9 at the limestone and 6 at...
  2. K

Cement and Stone Layout

For some reason I don't have any file for the trains? Can those be downn loaded?
  3. K

Cement and Stone Layout

I am aiming for 2 5/8' centers on the cuves. This should be plenty for just the small cars that normally operate. could probley even do 2.25''
  4. K

Cement and Stone Layout

This layout is very compressed and I know that. I did add some changes to the plan a bit. As for the yard and the way I would have to operate it, makes sense to me. Only 2 maybe 3 cars at a time on the unloading/loading tracks at the cement factoy itself. A arriving train will only consit...
  5. K

Cement and Stone Layout

Hey thanks for the time, Ya I will try an plot those turnouts in on Xtrack. Ya that wahat I was thinking for a backdrop. I was going to do a grassy burm or rock face. That way I can still access them. How far is your reach?
  6. K

Cement and Stone Layout

Just the bottom is against a wall. Lots of room on ethier side. The turnouts on the back would be tortise motors and all others would be manual. The benchwork would curve with the track on the bottom letting me squeeze in a little closer to those turnouts. Also this layout may end...
  7. K

Cement and Stone Layout

3 sides only. Thats why I am worried about reach to the staging yard.
  8. K

Cement and Stone Layout

Each area has loaded and empty spots. The design is stub end switching. I will enter with a cut and take the loaded cars and spot them on an empty spur at each industry. I then will spot the empties and pick up the loaded on the way back. This is defiently shortline ops and will only be...
  9. K

Cement and Stone Layout

Made this up real quick and want some feedback on it......
  10. K

DCC Help - Kato Factory LokSound

Ok so I picked up a SD40-2 on feebay for $80. It has Factory LokSound/DCC. Everything tests out great, even tho the seller said it did not work....:p One thing I did notice is that the lighting (head and ditch) are dim. Too dim for me. I thought it may be the F9 dimmer function but that...
  11. K

Testing locomotives

Yes, all you would need is a small oval. Some say just a length of flextrack, but this does not test the turning ability of the equipment. If you can test them, you will be able to get more for them seeing as you know what the operating condition of the equipment is. If you don't than you...
  12. K

Athearn Genesis GP38-2W - CN Version

Ya I will be getting 2 of these for sure!
  13. K

Athearn Genesis GP38-2W - CN Version

Ok so it old news to some but its new to me about the new geeps. I want to know if anyone has reviewed them and how close to the real deal they are. To me they look very good. I know that there was some flaws with the IM SD40-2W's, mostly with the strips. I would just like to get a...
  14. K

Brass - Worth It Or Not?

I am not too concerned, but I would expect for $750 it would be almost excat which would be why I would display it. Ya I just want to be able to say I have a brass engine, but shelling out that much money for one piece is hard to swallow. I'd rather spend that much coin and get a bunch of...

Back