Recent content by KWValentine

1. K

An Layouts in Texas?

I live in North Texas and have taking over the Formal Living area since it was never used. I've been to some of my NMRA club members layouts and they have used the second floor media rooms which are popular to for their layout. The problem with using the garage is the dang heat here in the...
  2. K

I would like a recommendation for a good book about DCC

Suggest surfing to www.wiringfordcc.com good site of DCC Resources, tips, etc.
  3. K

Digitrax Ut4 and Zephyr issue

Thanks for the response, this did correct the issue. Thanks again. Kevin V/McKinney, TX
  4. K

Digitrax Ut4 and Zephyr issue

Question for the group, I have a Digitrax Zephyr controller and added a remote UT4 throttle. When the throttle is plugged in the train becomes jerky (slows down) in some spots on my layout. The situation continued even after adding additional rail feeders but doesn't occur UT4 is unplugged...
  5. K

Inventory

I use EMRI which is free, but turns into a chore to get all the vendors added. http://easy-model-railroad-inventory.rclsoftware.com/index.htm
  6. K

Multiple DCC Feeder Question

Thanks for the responses and helping to open the flu in my chimney...;)
  7. K

Multiple DCC Feeder Question

Everyone, I'm new to MRR and have a 4x8 woodland scenics layout with about 40' of track and only a single power feed coming up through the base and currently not seeing any problems. I've been reading you should run power feeds ever 3-6' of track My question is if I run multiple feeders...
  8. K

DCC Sound Value? Is there a decoder installed?

Hello, Looking to buy another DCC locomotive but am confused by the following (See Red Highlighted text Bachmann HO 64305 F7-A Diesel Locomotive, Pennsylvania Railroad (Single Stripe) Unnumbered (DCC Sound Value on Board) Does this mean the locomotive has a DCC Decoder? Not sure about...
  9. K

Derailing and don't know why...

Problem has been resolved and appreciate the insight. Related to track being higher just slightly with ballast, this was causing the engine front truck to raise just above the flange. As since this was a slight turn into a tunnel the derail was consistent. I removed a small section of the...
  10. K

Appreciate the response and where to look. Thanks. again.
  11. K

Everyone, Hello, working on my layout 4x8 and have finally finished the terrain and laying the track. I have one trouble spot that the engine derails and for the life of me can't see what's causing the train to derail where two sections connect. Need to fix before i start ballasting. I've...
  12. K

Ballast Challenges

Motley, Thanks for the reply. Would it be ok just to re-soak with the alcohol and reapply the glue mixture? Should I go to 50/50 glue or stay with 25/75? Thanks again.
  13. K

Ballast Challenges

I'm a newbie and have installed ballast on track and roadbed using wet water and 1:3 glue to water mixture. Inside my the entrance of my tunnels I've decided to widen the ballast to each side and am having trouble with the ballast either drying with a thin crust and not drying completely hard...
  14. K

Background Flats You can use

These are well done. Thanks.
  15. K

Ballast inside tunnel?

Hellow fellow MRR's. I'm building the Grand Valley kit from Woodland Scenics. I'm at the point of building the tunnels and need to install the ballast on the tracks. My question: Is there a reason to install ballast past the point (6-8") where you can't see the track inside the tunnel? Is...

Back