Recent content by KPenn5

1. K

Atlas Genset decoder install

If you've ever heard a passenger car with generators underneath them, you have a pretty good idea!
  2. K

The new guy

I agree 100%. BNSF missed a great marketing tool!!
  3. K

Finally, it's done!!!

Looks great Ted!!
  4. K

The new guy

The 9647 is a Athearn Genesis model. I've personally always been a fan of the "Vomit Bonnet", so I had to have one. The BN hoppers belong to a good friend and fellow club member, but I believe they're Athearns. Really unsure about the load, I'm assuming it's the load that came with them...
  5. K

The new guy

Michael, I installed a NCE decoder in the 75 and it felt a little tight putting the shell back on, keep in mind though, the past three units I bought were FP45's that had loads of room ;).
  6. K

The new guy

Most definately brother.. Now if I can finally get the cajones to start on the rest of my fleet. Thank Goodness the Santa Fe kept their engines somewhat clean :D
  7. K

How Busy is the Line this line thru Austin?

If it's the same line I think it is, it's the UP's Austin Sub, a major line into San Antonio. The reason I say "I think" is BNSF's trackage rights end in Round Rock. However, I believe parts, if not most, of the Austin Sub is 60-70MPH rail.
  8. K

GE Evolution Series: ES44AC Locomotives by Intermountain

I had bought a T55 BNSF ES44DC and loved it right up to the point of the worm gear splitting. However, I suppose all is well, as I won't allow anything that says BNSF in my train box! Is there any actual pictures of these ES44's, or are they all drawings? I'd like to see a progress shot...
  9. K

Weakly Fotos for Fun 9/25 to whenever....

nice pics..as much as I hate those peach bonnets, your work nailed it spot on!
  10. K

The new guy

One can never have enough warbonnets, it's how locomotives were meant to be painted ;) The pic with all the supplies was taken before we finished a few spots on the layout..it's always changing as we go along.
  11. K

The new guy

Here's some more shots a few months older.. The 9647 and the 7789 are the only two BNSF locomotives I roster..everything else is pure ATSF.
  12. K

The new guy

No not at all, I just use a Canon Rebel XTi with the stock lense it came with. Everything else is just visual trickery to make it look more realistic.
  13. K

The new guy

Thanks for the kind words..I always strive for the close angles to add a sense of realism.
  14. K

The new guy

The SD75M is Athearn Genesis, along with the two Superfleet FP45's. The Dash 9 is Athearn RTR. All DCC with NCE decoders, no sound on 'em, just personal preference.
  15. K

The new guy

I just thought I'd say hello and post some pictures from the club layout.. I primarily stick to modeling the Santa Fe, as I work for the BNSF and see WAY too much orange during the week. Hoped you enjoyed..All these photos were taken a lazy Saturday with...

Back