Recent content by kfh227

1. K

what ground throws for code 80 peco turnouts??

What are some other less expensive manual throws that I could use. Even if they are not prototypical at all. Thanks,
  2. K

n scale modular build.

I was going to go modular with 2x4 sections but now I think that I'll do a less standard modular seutp just so I can lay things out the way I would like. After seeing someones 3 tier layout, my creative juices started flowing. The goal is to have my kids do alot of the decorating so don't...
  3. K

Help me pick my first DCC starter set for n scale

I think I'm going digitrax. I looked at both manuals and the digitrax one is easier to follow. And I like the higher amperage and dedicated programming track.
  4. K

large O scale engine

I just finished an O scale around the room setup. Now I need a nice engine. I have O-54 as my minimum radius. I'm on a tight budget but I'd love to get a larger engine up there at a reasonable cost. Hoping to spend around $150 on the engine which means that this might not happen. Preferred...
  5. K

Ebay Experiences

It sho0uldn't **** you off. You should do it yourself. I've done that many time because I don't pay a percentage of th shipping costs. Onyl hte sale price. I've even put stuff up with $50 shipping, just wanting to sell the item for $5.
  6. K

Largest 0-31 capable steamer?

My son wanted a decorative train so I got him one of those 4-4-0 engines that have the oversized drive wheels. The Santas Express 2 or something along those lines. Didn't realize it but it was O-36. That was issue #1. Issue #2 was that the electronics were messed up and it would stop runing...
  7. K

largest O31 capable steamer?

Tried in the O gauge forum. Curious of what the longest length steamer that can go around O31 curves. LargestbLionel brand also. Don't care about looks as it goes around. Just that it can go around
  8. K

Largest 0-31 capable steamer?

I have the MTH Berskshire 2-8-4 in for repair. My Doodlebug is missing. And we are setting trains up for x-mas today. My son wants a big boy but there are two problems. $$$$$ and O-31. So, I want to get the next best thing. A big Steamer that can navigate O-31. Any suggestions? Can a Big...
  9. K

The lawyer and the senior citizen

That was good.
  10. K

Benchwork: Plywood, foamboard or both?

Wouldn't the foam have more of a tendancy to be slow burning and just melt?
  11. K

Track conductivity

How come no manufacturer of track has come up with a trouble free track. Would people pay 2x more for the convenience?
  12. K

HO - DCC ... what do I need?

Maybe I'll push sound out to a later date. I'm sure that Big Boy my son wants will have sound :-)
  13. K

Track conductivity

I was thinking about one of my biggest childhood frustrations. Cleaning track. What is the best way to reduce track maintenance? Are there tricks or suggestions in regards to having track that does not get dirty/corode? Does low humidity help? Any type of track that is better?
  14. K

Drywall For Roadbed

2" strips of drywall would be a nightmare I would think.
  15. K

HO - DCC ... what do I need?

The bachmans are probably where I will start. My son like steamers and diesel switchers. So that GP-40 looks to be perfect for starting. -- 1 -- If I wanted to go sound on a budget, what should I consider? Bachman? I prefer something that comes with sound/dcc installed unless adding...

Back