Recent content by jsamm2010

1. J

Yard design advice

I did a bit of re-designing taking inspiration from the Parkwater image and a few other reference images I found perusing the internet. I liked the aesthetic of the split ladders and tried to emulate that. In this new design, the blue lines are the double main, yellow are the A/D tracks, red are...
  2. J

Yard design advice

I just left space for the ash pit and stuff because I haven't bought the building/kits yet and I'm not sure on their footprint. I did intend on a track for the gondola at the ash pit and then have sand and water inline with the ash pit with a coal tower supplying two tracks. The coal tower I...
  3. J

Yard design advice

They both will have switching leads on the ends, I didn't include them in the image because I was trying to get measurements for the yard space alone. I am also still working on the designs for that. I was hoping to incorporate some sort of double track to keep stuff from fouling the switching...
  4. J

Yard design advice

I am trying to design a small yard with services for steam era power. The images are what I came up with. It is in N scale. I have the 130 foot turn table that will have a roundhouse, next to it is two track to a machine shop, the gray box is the are for the ash pit, sand, water and coaling...

Back