Recent content by JohnK

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)
  1. JohnK

3 D Printing

Sorry I never posted any links yesterday, but it being my first post I thought I'd make it simple. I'm looking at the AnyCubic Proton resin printer mainly because of its low cost in Australia. Unfortunately the resin isn't cheap, but if you plan to make bulk items, it will pay to learn how to...
  2. JohnK

Laser Cutting, 3D Printing, Model Making and Restoration

Hi everyone. Oddly, I drove my first model train just six months ago, but in my 77 years on the planet, I've always been fascinated with model railways and model making in general. I'm a member of the Cairns (Australia) Men's Shed where we're building a 7.5m x 2.8m HO/OO DC/DCC layout with a...
  3. JohnK

3 D Printing

There's two kinds of Printers competing with each other in the same way Betacord and VHS did with video tapes many years ago. Filament printers use a thin wire rod to build 3D models. The end result is very course for small stuff, but probably not so bad for larger scales. Resin Printers are...
  4. JohnK

I live in Cairns, Queensland, Australia. Member of Cairns Model Railway Club, FNQMRC and Life...

I live in Cairns, Queensland, Australia. Member of Cairns Model Railway Club, FNQMRC and Life Member of the Cairns Men's Shed where I was President for four years. I'm morfe interested in Miniature Railways, but also love model making which I do for HO gauge railways.

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.