Recent content by joe circus

1. J

Winterquarters/Car Shops for circus and showtrains

Another wagon that I still have to build is the Asia wagon. Barnum & Bailey had Sebastian Wagon Co. of New York construct her in 1902, for their return from Europe tour in 1903. The Asia was toured and paraded in 1903 and 1904. Even though the show was sold to Ringling in 1907, she continued to...
  2. J

Nice work again Jaz!
  3. J

Do you remember back when we talked about the wagons Ringling had built in response to Barnum having wagons built for their return from Europe? Well, at the same time they had a wagon built, by Bode of Cincinnati, for the Adam Forepaugh & Sells Bros. Circus, which was Ringling's "second unit"...
  4. J

I seem to have made it through the wooden wagons that have been built, I have a number of Circus Craft kits still slated for assembly, I'll pick back up with those when they are complete. I also have some wagons from another circus which I'll get out of their box soon. For now, I'm going to...
  5. J

This cage seems to be from the same maker but has two levels of smaller "quarters", I'm guessing for dogs. It is a little more decorative as well.
  6. J

Today I have a cage wagon for you. Nothing I have pix of from CWM really matches it closely, one or two do, loosely, very loosely. Nothing on my usual reference sites look similar.
  7. J

Someone asked me once why I was continuing the wagon posting in the thread started by Johnny about about his Winterquarters build, and the answer is, there was so much historical data that Johnny had provided from an insiders view about the circus and show trains, I wanted the history I was...
  8. J

IIRC, this is the Circus Craft Goliath Wagon. This was likely used in 1928 by Ringling to haul Goliath, the sea elephant, around the big top and back and forth on the lot. There was another wagon, which was partially covered, used for the water pump and the canvas tank where Goliath stayed...
  9. J

I like your stalls, I have some I need to work on.
  10. J

I have a stake driver up today. Looks like a military surplus vehicle with tracks, modified to work the big show.
  11. J

That looks awesome! Makes we want some cotton candy!
  12. J

We're looking at what I think is a plastic truck kit with a wooden bed swapped for whatever the kit offered. I should've taken the picture from a little higher angle to show the work details on the bed.
  13. J

I like what you've done there Jaz. Looks great! I have much respect for those who can scratch build models, especially out of non plastic materials!
  14. J

Today we're looking at a pair of hippo wagons, we did that history a while back. I believe these are Circus Craft kits. I think these are longer than the previous model I posted and feature the "water tank" for the hippo to enjoy.
  15. J

Welcome Jaz. And before I say thanks for the compliment, please be aware that this thread was started by Johnny almost 11 years ago, and many of the layout and wagon pix are his, several others have posted their collections as well, and I have no way of knowing which pix you are complimenting. I...

Back