Recent content by jbovinette

1. jbovinette

Layout Design Question

I am starting my first layout and I have a couple questions to ask. I am modeling the CSX Fernandina Beach Subdivision from Yulee to Fernandina Beach in HO scale and there is a lot of territory to cover in a small space. I am going to be working in a 10'x20' garage. I have to maximize the space...
  2. jbovinette

Layout Design Question: What to model and what not to model

Layout Design Here is a link to a google map that I have created: http://maps.google.com/maps/myplaces?mpa=0&authuser=0&ctz=240&mpf=0&vps=3&sll=30.521258,-81.625528&sspn=0.25253,0.050976&ie=UTF8 This is the area that I want to model. Passenger trains ran these rails years ago and has...
  3. jbovinette

Layout Design Question: What to model and what not to model

Hello guys, Im in the planning stages of a HO Scale layout. I would like to model a certain CSX Subdivision in Florida. How do you know what to model and what not to model? The subdivision is long and would take up tons of space. How do you decide on what to use in the layout? Thanks...
  4. jbovinette

On board sound without DCC Controller?

Is it possible to have onboard sound without a DCC controller? Why do I ask this? I have a couple dummies that I want to add idle engine sounds to make it more realistic. Thanks, John Bovinette
  5. jbovinette

NS Gp38-2 without D/B

Yes they did! Yes they did. Click here to see pictures of them: http://www.nslocos.com/itgp38.html John Bovinette
  6. jbovinette

Repowering & Upgrading Athearn RTR Locomotives

I have a coupe questions regarding repowering Athearn RTR Locomotives. I have (11) GP39's and GP40's and I am converting them to DCC. How are the motors on these RTR to be converted to DCC? Is it worth repowering them? What motors would you recommend? I want to get the most realistic motion out...
  7. jbovinette

Palmett Bushes?

Does anyone know how to create or even buy Palmetto Bushes? Thanks, John Bovinette
  8. jbovinette

New layout questions

Thanks Hey guys, thanks for all the ideas and suggestions. I'm still kind of torn on what to do. I have pretty mush the idea that im looking for, it's just this little area at the end of the layout...
  9. jbovinette

New layout questions

I am in the design phase of building a HO scale shelf layout. This will be my first time building a layout of any kind. I am really wanting to do this myself but I am in a pickle and I hope you can help me or give me advise. I have decided to model an area of Florida. The area that I am planning...
  10. jbovinette

My Atomic Issues?

Issues continue My Atomic's phone number is now no longer excepting calls but the store is still open. I warn you do not buy right now from My Atomic. John Bovinette
  11. jbovinette

Athearn RTR Pilot Question

I am detailing a few Athearn CSX RTR GP38-2's and GP40-2's and I have a question. I know that the pilots are wrong and I was wondering what would be the best way to remove the footboard at the bottom of the pilots and make them flat? All other details were removed with a flat knife. I think this...
  12. jbovinette

My Atomic Issues?

Holy Cow! I didn't know it was that bad. Ive never seen them on ebay. I found them on the net. John Bovinette
  13. jbovinette

My Atomic Issues?

MyAtomic.com After doing some research online in the RC Car forums that MyAtomic.com has bailed with others Money in the past month or so. That is just what I'm seeing on other forums. I have called them for the past month almost everyday. All that happens it goes to an answering service. So I...
  14. jbovinette

My Atomic Issues?

Hey guys, I placed an order with MyAtomic.com about 2 months ago and I received a SD60 that was damaged in shipping. They told me to return it and I did with the shipping label coming from them. I sent it back and haven't heard anything about it. For the past month I have called and emailed them...
  15. jbovinette

Glue question

Glue I use the one with the metal tip. I might have to try the horizontal method. Never thought of that. What is the difference between the blue and the other? John

Back