Recent content by jaytee

1. J

Layout questions

HO guage. The dogbone might be a very good option. I might be able to go about 84 inches deep on one end and 36 inches wide. Kind of this [_ shape.
  2. J

Layout questions

I'v been sitting here contemplating my upcoming layout and my size constraints. I can go 60 inches wide and about 11 feet long and I know that 60 inches is too far to reach across. My question is whats the minimum width that I need to make my cutout in the middle? If I make it 24 inches, that...
  3. J

Spray foam insulation use?

Just wondering if anyone uses the spray foam for touch up work or crack filling in their layouts? I know that it comes in varying degrees of expansion which might come in handy for modeling work in mountain scenery, bridge abutments, ect.
  4. J

FORD Auto Module

Very nice work Josh!! I'm a FORD fan from birth I guess and have several books written about the history of the auto maker. One is about the River Rouge plant and its got some great photos from vacant land to completion. Keep the photos coming!!!
  5. J

'chat' roads

Chip-n-seal here in SW MO.
  6. J

My layout era

Well I've been trying to decide what timeframe I am going to build in HO scale and it sure isn't as easy as I thought it would be. I have several favorites so to speak, I love the scenery options of the Rocky Mountains back in the teens, or the hustle and bustle of a bigger city like St. Louis...
  7. J

Cheap Trestle Build

Tell you what Rico, when your tired of that temporary trestle, just box it up and send it my way, as I'm sure I could find a permanent place on my layout!! Great job my friend.
  8. J

How many use FastTracks?

One more question, I see some called #10's, #5's, whats that term mean?
  9. J

The West Virginian, it's like the Virginian, but West

I think I'd rather paint the wall.:D
  10. J

How many use FastTracks?

Thanks fellas!!
  11. J

How many use FastTracks?

Just to be clear for a newb, a turnout and a switch are one in the same?
  12. J

How many use FastTracks?

So ONE switch cost a couple hundred bucks!? Guess things have gotten much more expensive since I last had a model train back in the mid-late 70's.
  13. J

Plastic Cardboard Of Any Use In Modeling?

Just wondering, I've got access to several fairly large sheets that were old political campaign signs, prolly 3X5 or so and was wondering if these would have any use on the RR?
  14. J

FORUM CLINIC: Building realistic scenery

I cant see the pics, only red x's. How can I fix tihs?
  15. J

Celotex brand insulation foam.

Thats what my shop is insulated with. The foil backing will tear off very easily if needed. Not sure if it would be any better then the pink or blue stuff as I've not used any of these products yet for scenery purposes, however the foil backed stuff might be easier to color as its already sort...

Back