Recent content by JackReacher

1. J

Newbie who hasn't touched a train in almost 20 years....just bought a small set-up!

Thank you both for the insight. That addressed my question completely, and I'm pretty sure I understand now what I need to do, starting with getting another power pack. :) I'm not sure yet how much of the steel mill I'll be able to include, due to space and budget, but I'd at least like...
  2. J

Newbie who hasn't touched a train in almost 20 years....just bought a small set-up!

I've set up a table in my basement. Actually I have three tables that I have butted up to one another (all the same height). Two are 4'x6' and one is 4'x4'. Right now I think I'm going to set them up in an "L" shape. So I'll have 10' of length on the long sides to work with. I'm...
  3. J

Thanks for the detailed response! I checked out Spacemouse's layout tutorial last night. I'm sure I'll be referring to it more in the future. I'll check out some of the other resources you mentioned as well, thank you.
  4. J

Basic oxygen furnace scratch build in HO {steel mill related}

The pics don't work anymore. Any chance of rehosting them or taking new ones? I'm just getting started, and being in the steel industry myself, I'd be very interested in trying to at least get a partial mill set-up.
  5. J

Plan or Just Go For It

As a steel guy, I have to say that foundry is awesome. I know this post is old, but do you happen to have more pics from other angles, showing the entire complex?
  6. J

When I was very small (maybe 4-5 until I was about 10?) I remember having a fairly extensive HO set-up that my dad and I used to mess around with. I remember we had a complete Amtrak train, a trolley set-up, several other locomotives, lots of rolling stock, including some unique cars, as well...

Back