Recent content by Howie1632

1. H

Re-Motor Athearn DD-40

They didn't have u-joints,and yes it threw the rear the first time and the front the second time.After that i looked at many articles about remotoring these DD-40's and found one that said the 2 motors should be disconnected or there would be problems with drive-shafts.
  2. H

Re-Motor Athearn DD-40

I remotored a DD40 recently and used a Digitrax Dh465 Decoder for both Motors.It works Great.But it running it while pulling 50 cars or more i had problems with the 2 motors connected,it kept throwing a driveshaft.After dis-connecting the driveshaft from the motors,it pulled just fine.
  3. H

SCARM - Simple Computer Aided Railway Modeller

Text ? This program is great.I would like to know how to add text,like numbering the turnouts. Howie
  4. H

Athearn RDCs and DCC

RE: RDC RE-Power Hi,i just finished several RDC's converting from Rubber band drive.I used 2 axel Bloomberg Trucks and Athearn High Permformance Motor.You have to do a little milling to the frame,Cut the shaft stands off and drill and tap a hole for the Truck pins.As for the interior i took a...
  5. H

Atlas Genset Shell

Does anyone know how to remove the shell from Atlas Genset?
  6. H

Atlas Gensets??

Thanks for the comeback.No i didn't prepay.
  7. H

Atlas Gensets??

Atlas Gensets and Standard Supply Maybe someone can tell me if Standard Hobby is out of Buisness or not.I pre-ordered Several Atlas Gensets and everytime in the last month that i go to the site it keeps coming up ERROR.Does anyone know what is going on with Standard Hobby Supply?
  8. H

Athearn P42 ditch lights

Did you make sure that the LED's are wired right?The long lead is Positive and the short lead is Negitive,just a suggestion.

Back