Recent content by Hotbox

1. H

Round House or no round house?

Thanks to everyone for your responses, I appreciate your time and the sharing of onformation and some great pictures. Hotbox
  2. H

Thanks, It seems that there are round houses around, not plentiful but something about them intrigues a lot of folks. Appreciate your response, Hotbox
  3. H

In my back yard The picture you sent of the Round house off of Trousdale is less that 10 miles from my house. I had no idea! Thank you for sharing the information. Are you a member of Tennessee Central? Hotbox
  4. H

Hey folks, I'm fairly new to railroading and building an n scale layout, current period, coal mining, coal trains. CSX, Norfolk Southern and a few BNSF diesel locos. I like to look of a roundhouse but I have also seen something that looks similar I think called a "transfer table," where the...
  5. H

BLMA Fans for GP38-2

Thanks Mike, I appreciate your help. Walt
  6. H

BLMA Fans for GP38-2

I want to put some BLMA fans in an n scale GP38-2 but I'm having trouble finding prototype information as to the diameter of the cooling fans. If someone could share that with me I'd really appreciate it. Also, is there a good source for prototype info about locomotives and rolling stock...
  7. H

Rail and Break Sounds

I went down to the Tennessee Railway Museum and one of the guys in the hobby shop there said the same thing, a fixed dcc function at a curve or speaker mounted in the layout. Thanks for your thoughts. Hotbox
  8. H

Rail and Break Sounds

Hello there experts! I'm still a total newbie continuing to research the DCC technology and closing in on finishing the design of my N scale layout. I'm using Kato track and In watching videos on Youtube I understand the horn and engine sounds but it seems that on some of the videos I hear...
  9. H

Weathering Kato Track

Thanks PowerSteamGuy1790 Thanks Jeff, this is a big help. - Walt
  10. H

Weathering Kato Track

Anybody there? Anybody that can help me with weathering Kato track? Thanks,
  11. H

Howdy from Tennessee

Thanks for the welcome Thanks Bruette!
  12. H

Howdy from Tennessee

I just signed up today, I had an HO layout about 30 years ago and I haven't been active in model rail road since. I've missed it and excited to learn about all of the advancements in technology. I'm now planning an n scale layout and trying to gather as much information as I can before I...
  13. H

Weathering Kato Track

I've just begun my research on building an "n" scale layout. I'm not lazy, and I'm pretty handy but I'm not sure i have the time to lay my own rail. I have experience from long ago with HO scale and flex track. The guy at the LHS suggested Kato track as a way to get the layout running. I was...

Back