Recent content by holshot14

1. H

Harper's Ferry WV Railway

Where and what kind of trestle jig did you get?
  2. H

LED ceiling fixtures

Low lumen? 950? That's a lot. Mine are 700 lumen and they will blind you. IMO, IRL
  3. H

LED ceiling fixtures

My train room is 100% led. It's 12x33. I used 21 of these and have them,on dimmers. Plenty bright on the lowest setting. Blinding if turned all the way up...
  4. H

Benchwork question

Here is the layout
  5. H

Benchwork question

Here is some additional info: This is for HO scale 4 main lines going across The two lower sections and the angle sections of bench work MUST stay together I am replicating the rockville bridge which will span the length I will be adjusting/moving other leg work
  6. H

Benchwork question

Ok, I have a small dilemma on my benchwork. I have an area which sits lower to the rest. This is where my bridge/ river scene is. I'm looking for ideas how to "hinge", or put a pulley system to raise this. Now for the record, no I can't move this or raise it up to the same level as the rest...
  7. H

My layout design plan

Thanks for all your comments, I will be making some changes.
  8. H

My layout design plan

It's HO, and the the layout is 12x28. Not sure by what you mean by size of bench work? The inner edge of benchwork is not set yet as I haven't started building modules. The outside is set by the room size.
  9. H

My layout design plan

All, attached is a copy of my layout. I am looking for constructive criticisim. It isn't locked in stone but pretty set on design. Outer loop is a raised line on its own. Tripple main, with a staging yard on left and intermodal yard on right.
  10. H

My CSX layout blog part 1

Very modern CSX with a touch of NS foreign power here and there. Two main lines on base and one raised mainline.
  11. H

I looked and didn't see anything to flip them
  12. H

Hello everyone, I finally began construction on my CSX layout in my basement. Quick facts: room layout will be 28x12, around the room, stick built bench work with the exception of the small portion off the wall and duck under which will be seivers benchwork that was donated to me. 3 main lines...
  13. H

HO Athearn SD60 RTR trucks

I'm having the exact same problem with a new CSX SD60 I just got. I sent athearn an email in reference to it. Waiting on a response.
  14. H

Athearn HO RTR SD50/60 question.

Ok brad, that's what I did as well, just wanted someone to confirm. Thanks.
  15. H

Athearn HO RTR SD50/60 question.

Hi all, athearn recently released a batch of sd50's. They just released a batch of sd60's that should be on the shelves any day. My question is these are both RTR and in particular the CSX YN3 scheme, is there different spotting features between the two or did they just use the same mold and put...

Back