Recent content by hands made for wood

1. H

Bottle Brush Conifers

Looks awesome Grampys! I can see how that method would be pretty cheap along with easy! again awesome work. :)
  2. H

How to Make Trees and Shrubs

Grove Den those are some trees! They look so real!
  3. H

Ground Cover

Alright so here's the how-to on coloring the ground covering. 1. First you need a spray bottle of which I used a vim cleaning bottle as is pictured. 2. Next get a can or jar and fill with water along with mixing in some arcylic paint I have only tried green paint so far but will try out...
  4. H

Ground Cover

Thanks for the comments I just came up with a way to color the foam just a few minutes ago! it looks all the better now as in it's more of a lush green. I will post later on when I have time. oh and Bud here's the link for the pine trees...
  5. H

Ground Cover

Here are a couple trees I made using the ground cover along with some mixed ground cover. Sorry about the letters they're sort of going backwards haha but anyways B is the foam that I had pictured in the first place, A is the brown foam, and C,D,E are A and B mixed together to make darker...
  6. H

Ground Cover

So I came up with this new, easy to make and cheap ground cover. Here's the tutorial on how to make the ground cover. 1. First of all you need to buy florists foam (not exactly sure what they call it) I had bought this block as is pictured for $1.40 can. (the blocks are about 3 in.x4 in.x 8...
  7. H

Scratchbuilt asphalt roads

well I'm actually in o scale and am using the back of teh shingle where it really isn't that rough.
  8. H

Highway

well all I did for the suface was paint it and then I rubbed some black chalk on afterwards. The reason the crack looks so big by the car is because the road didn't glue down very well to foam, and this was more a quick diorama that I decided to try and make so I didn't really go to much into...
  9. H

Thanks for the comments guys I'm glad you liked it!
  10. H

So the other day I was shingling the roof with my Dad and after my Dad had cut a strip off the shingle I thought that it would almost work for roadbed underneath the track. After thinking about it some more I thought it would work great for a highway! and so I made a tutorial on how to make it...
  11. H

building pictures

While I was away I got some pictures of some great buildings, I would like to some scratchbuild amodel of each of these for my layout here's a couple pics. The first couple pictures are of a mechanic/gas station and the last pic of an old train station. I hope you like these buildings as much...
  12. H

Highway

The other day I decided I wanted to try doing some scenery and so on here's a couple pics of my highway scene with my scratchbuilt road. Any advice or comments are greatly appreciated!
  13. H

Building a 1 Inch Table Saw

I will say I really like what your doing annd would be interested in making one myself except a little less low key. I can really see how that would help alot with trestles! got a question what disc is on your dremel? is it just a grinder disc? again I really like what you did!
  14. H

Old Shack

haha no I'm sorry to say that there is no out-house out back YET :p
  15. H

Old Shack

no it's actually in o scale

Back