Recent content by GuilfordRailman

1. G

Northern Pacific Rocky Valley Branch Switching Layout Build

Do you mean darker fine turf that I sprinkle on the non-static grass areas? Or darker static on top of the brighter static grass?
  2. G

I applied static grass on the layout today and the colors I chose were not a good match unfortunately. They were light and medium green but come off VERY bright! I am trying to come up with a solution for this problem and I’m thinking the best option is to make the surrounding grass...
  3. G

Welcome aboard the forum!
  4. G

I’ve managed to complete two of the kits I bought so far. The oil distribution center is complete. However, I plan to pour a small concrete pad for the storage tank to finish the scene. I also assembled one of the coal conveyors. I planned on having two but due to limited space, for the time...
  5. G

Just joined the hobby

Welcome aboard!
  6. G

A coupler FYI

Very cool video, thanks for sharing!
  7. G

Did a little more work today. I was able to continue with scenics around the area where the loading dock will be located. I also completed more scenic work around the coal pile and abandoned track. I was also able to nearly complete the construction of the oil distribution platform. I...
  8. G

The train is enroute, got held up at the coffee shop I suppose.
  9. G

Thanks! Not sure how helpful I can be as I’m not the greatest at it either but I’ll do my best:)
  10. G

Rocky Valley Branch Update: Not too much work was completed this week but I managed to get a few things done. The first thing I did was some additional scenic work around the base of the hills as well as the space next to the coal piles and grade crossing. I still need to apply...
  11. G

Back to the hobby

Welcome back to the hobby! You’re in the right place to collaborate with fellow model railroaders, very helpful and skilled people.
  12. G

Techniques for Painting/weathering Wooden Loading Dock

I’ve got some of that! Interesting idea, might have to give it a go, thanks!
  13. G

Techniques for Painting/weathering Wooden Loading Dock

Ahh okay. That makes more sense! I will give it a go then with a water-based stain. Thanks!

Back