Recent content by Guilford Guy9887

1. Guilford Guy9887

BNSF,NS and CSX: Should they do Heritage scheme's like UP did?

I know this is about larger railroads but to anyone who would like to know pan am railways is supposedly doing a few MEC / BM heritage units
  2. Guilford Guy9887

Wpf 6/20 - 6/26

3. Guilford Guy9887

Painting and Decaling Locomotives

The One bit of advice i would give you is start with lower end models to develop your skills . Mess around with old bachmanns and tyco's. Don't start your first paint job on a Kato or t55
  4. Guilford Guy9887

Weekend Photo Fun 6-17 to 6-19

I started working on a diorama for taking pictures of my locomotive Didnt get to far because I pick this up last week! I hate getting sidetracked....
  5. Guilford Guy9887

athearn handrails on rpp shells

i have a few rpp shells that need handrails but ordering through a-line hobbies takes a long time. does anyone know if, lets say, genesis sd45-2 handrails would match up with an rpp sd45-2 shell?
  6. Guilford Guy9887

Swap Santa Fe diesels for PRR anyone?

Left to right: gp40-2, sd40-2, gp35. Pm sent
  7. Guilford Guy9887

Swap Santa Fe diesels for PRR anyone?

If your intrested I have 2 prr Pa-1's and an old gg1 I'd be willing to swap
  8. Guilford Guy9887

Weekly Photo Fun 3-4-11/3-10-11

I've finally started my freelanced railroad, the Southern Maine Systems (SMS). Only 2 locomotives on the roster, and I still haven't decaled them. First is the old workhorse, an old u33b And the new addition, a c40-8w bought from Bnsf. I still need to add the right sideframes Now I just need...
  9. Guilford Guy9887

Custom Painting a Canadian Pacific Locomotive

I Use acrylic paint from walmart and haven't had any issues. Just make sure you practice and get comfortable with the airbrush before you start on a genesis.as for the details and fans, id remove the glass but leave the rest on. That's what I do And make sure you post pic when your finish...
  10. Guilford Guy9887

Can someone help me Identify this Loco.

Just because it wasn't a real Santa Fe engine doesn't mean it's not able to be. Remember, on your rails, it is what you want it to be!
  11. Guilford Guy9887

Mixing nickel silver with brass track?

I'm starting my new layout this week and I bought 75ft of flex track but I didn't buy any turnouts because I thought I had some NS turnouts, but after looking they are brass. My 2 questions are: Will there be any issues if I mix the two? If I convert to DCC can I use brass track?
  12. Guilford Guy9887

Loco's you just had to have but...

How cheap we talking because I my be intrested
  13. Guilford Guy9887

Did I buy enough track?

Today I'm starting my layout which will be 3 4x8 tables. I bought 25 pieces of code 100 3' flex and want to run a double mainline. Did I get enough?
  14. Guilford Guy9887

Thing I’ve never seen in a model train layout…

Fish in a pond or river A school Airport
  15. Guilford Guy9887

Stuff from Larry(Long winded old fart)

former GAP sd40-2 former seaboard sd45 former gp40-2 And finally, I think you'll remember this one the Arcadia south branch 742. Itll stay like this forever....... I hope you feel better soon Larry!

Back