Recent content by grove den

1. grove den

How to Make Trees and Shrubs

Spruce in 1:16 scale for a customer : The lower 1/2 part of the tree made of separate branches glued to a dowel. Branches were already "greened"with fibres. 12, 10 and finaly the needles 2 mm ones. When ready this Norway spruce will be covered with"( a lot of) "snow" so I do not have to bother...
  2. grove den

Thanks for the explanation Tom!
  3. grove den

@747flier / Tom: No pictures about your technique ?? : Jos
  4. grove den

A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! snow fun!
  5. grove den

like this!.... most of the glue has to be sprayed over /on the ends of the "branches/twigs. If.... there are fibres glued to the trunk or other places that shouldn't just remove them with a stiff cheap small brush dipped in white spirit/terpentine and when dry continue with adding the...
  6. grove den

@747flier: A static device is not a must to make conifers( fir, spruce etc.) When addi ng fibers by using a strainer!! Not by hand) , for example 12 mm ones a hairblower can blow all the fibres pointing down. The " main" direction of the twigs , using the hairblower, is easily done this...
  7. grove den

some "new" stuff: H0, 12 cm, tree with multiple trunks: H0 , 16 cm, Oak in spring : Jos
  8. grove den

@Snowman The wig( fibres) branches are far to thin for drying in/at the right angle(!!) on the trunk! That is why I use the 0,4 mm floristic wires for the "main"branches.... in this case/tree I used no wig fibres but 12 mm fibres first( 1 minute) added 4 mm fibres...( also 1 minute...)...
  9. grove den

Latest " work"... plus 2 trees " under construction"= only fibres: 15- 20 mm , 12mm and finaly the 4 mm...
  10. grove den

Well both ...if the type of tree or shrub is "asking" for applying by hand I mostly add these fibres on the tree/shrub upside down... gently strike with some fibres over the top/ends of the wires. These fibres are mostly longer than 1 inch. When using the applicator I recommend only fibres cut...
  11. grove den

747flier: I try to keep it "simple"....the small twigs/brances are actualy fibres of halloweenwigs! So no "individual"wires. The tall shrub in post #622 has only 3 wires the rest are long- 1 inch max. fibres of a wig.....and of course some smaller fibres like 4 or 2 mm ones before adding the...
  12. grove den

Thanks Tom! watching his new "FitBit"..........still 15 kilo to go!
  13. grove den

@747flier: Is was not a mistake....;)( it was what the client asked) overhere( the Alps and Schwarzwald) it is common that larches can be covered with( the first!)snow before they loose their needles...even when they are still a little bit green/yellowish! And yes within 2 weeks they all...
  14. grove den

Some other kind of trees. More specific growing in cities/along streets. They are less wide as "common"trees. It's a type of tree that ends, in latin, with: , "fastigiata" because I don't have a "city"diorama I've placed the trees in a row on a piece of "wild nature" and of course always...
  15. grove den

[H0] L-Shaped layout project

may be someting like this "crazy" layout plan?;) It was designed with that "strange " chimeney in the midlle of the layout. I presume it will be in H0? In Nscale it fits definitely! btw: 6x9,4 feet?( 182 x 286centimeter?) I think in H0 it will fit too in that space!

Back