Recent content by Grizzled

1. Grizzled

Running Bear's May 2024 Coffee Shop

Morning folks What an impressive aurora borealis last night when I took the canines for their nightly stroll at 12:30 am. When I first opened the door (which faces due south) my thoughts were those are some strange, high, wispy clouds but a look to the north left absolutely no doubt as to what...
  2. Grizzled

Morning folks 36F, completely cloudless, and headed for a high of 64. There is still probably something close to 8" of wet mush snow remaining at the house and no doubt, way more up the "hill". Going to be some water running this afternoon and no doubt a really poor choice of a day for any...
  3. Grizzled

Morning folks 33F and sleet but that looks to be diminishing. It dumped another 5 inches of wet mush after I plowed the foot of that off yesterday morning. East bound I90 was closed over Bozeman Pass for most of yesterday so my brother and his friend left with the 1939 Oliver Row Crop this...
  4. Grizzled

Morning folks 31 and a foot of new white. It's still adding more. The power was out for about an hour and a half, from 5:30 to 7:00 am but now I have a fresh pot of coffee. It was an epic day loading the 1939 Oliver Row crop on the car trailer yesterday in the wind and snow but it is on...
  5. Grizzled

Morning folks 36 and cloudy. My brother and his friend arrived last night at 2:30 am. They drove straight through from Ottumwa, IA to Bozeman, MT with a car trailer-about 1175 miles to our place. The bright side of that was only having to get up once more to help my wife. yawn I guess no...
  6. Grizzled

Morning folks Temperature stuck at 38F, the wind has subsided a bit, and rain. At least no new white yet and we definitely need the precip. Another up four times night with my wife. yawn-----
  7. Grizzled

Morning folks 46, cloudy, with a forecast high of 61 and afternoon rain. I'm not moving too fast after the antique tractor extraction yesterday. That went smoothly but moving all the stuff that was removed from the shed back into it didn't do my back and shoulder any favors. A couple of...
  8. Grizzled

Morning folks Clear, 31F, with a forecast high of 63. In short, a great day to remove a 1939 Oliver 80 Row Crop from the shed where it hasn't moved for more than 3 decades. Yesterday, I checked out the IR compressor in the shop (that hadn't run for a couple of years) then fired it up and aired...
  9. Grizzled

DOT 3 brake fluid----- Yep, clean really well and use primer for the next round.
  10. Grizzled

Morning folks 32F and cloudy but I see a little blue sky to the west so there is reason to be optimistic. In the important things in life, I need to run my wife's pee sample in to the doctor's office. That was a trying experience----- I'm also going to waste some time at Costco. I too...
  11. Grizzled

Same thing is happening in the US. Most of the automotive press went away over the last 5 years, precipitated by a change in ownership. I still much prefer a print magazine but am painfully cognizant I should get used to reading that stuff on a screen.
  12. Grizzled

Morning folks The spring hiatus continues with another inch of new white and 29F. The snow from yesterday didn't show any interest in vacating the place so we aborted the antique tractor relocation project until Saturday when more spring like weather is in the forecast. My wife has her annual...
  13. Grizzled

Running Bear's April 2024 Coffee Shop

Morning folks 30F and a couple inches of new white. I'm uncertain if that is going to have an adverse effect on a antique tractor (1939 Oliver 80 Row Crop) extraction from a shed where it has slumbered for the last 3 plus decades. A friend is coming out after lunch to help with that. My...
  14. Grizzled

Morning folks The day started off clear but Chicken Little must have intervened as it looks like things are building up for a sky fall. I got my sister and brother in laws off to the airport this morning. It was a nice visit. Willie: " - That club looks familiar, I think that it's the one...
  15. Grizzled

Morning folks 38F and more drizzle. Exactly a 1/2" of precip since yesterday morning. The dogs didn't get me up, my wife didn't get me up, and I didn't get me up last night. That probably hasn't happened for better than two years. Welp, the swap meet was a bit of a disappointment...

Back