Recent content by Gordz

1. G

Do you need a turntable and roundhouse?

Heh, trains sleeping in tidmoth shed was probably one of my main reasons for getting fixated into trains as a kid! I see it's all CG these days though =/
  2. G

My turntable project

this is ignorantly awesome. How dare you. Brilliant work!
  3. G

Do you need a turntable and roundhouse?

Thomas the tank had one, and so shall I.
  4. G

SCARM - Simple Computer Aided Railway Modeller

SCARM helped me greatly in my design process. The only gripe I have with it is how how it is to join up flex track with existing track ends. Check this shit out though =) Couldn't have been easier thanks to your software. Many thanks.
  5. G

Gordz' Layout (totally winging it)

updates, guys! DCCing to do Some point motors and all my switches Bloody soldering, tell you what. I've gotten better! Marked the cutouts Neat. Power, baby. Made some switching panels at work, being a signwriter helps (wait until I make backdrops!!!) And my switches Waiting...
  6. G

Testing in progress. Testing gluing the track down. left (painted crater) 50/50 PVA and water Top track (50/50 PVA and water) right track "maxi nails" (messy as fuck out of the caulking gun) Lower track, pure PVA.
  7. G

Thanks for the input TJ1, but I've always, always wanted a turntable and I've already built the round-house =) As I altered the layout to fit inside the room, this left section was always going to be my train shed and shunting yard. Those three 'sidings' above the turntable are actually...
  8. G

Oh by the way, here's the design I'm messing around with. ignore the front right tunnel, I'm going to make that a curved, open air rocky mountain pass, with a street or two of residential (high) society above it. Lights everywhere, Telco tower at the top... i'm getting ahead of myself.
  9. G

Day three: need to figure out the best way to secure the track to the polystyrene. thoughts?
  10. G

Boy is my face red. I really should get around to reading that manual!!!
  11. G

It's expanded foam unfortunately, but at a third of the cost per sheet, I'd rather vacuum beads than filter for sanding dust. I plan to seal the edges with a mix of water and PVA glue, although I haven't researched alternatives or suggestions yet, as sealing is a long way off. SCARM is...
  12. G

Day two: acquired foam, cut it to shape, made a hell of a mess and stuck it down. I also got a product to stop enamel paint from eating the foam, it works a treat, but I only have two cans of it and its discontinued now. Now, I've really REALLY got to organise my track layout.
  13. G

Planning portable or sectional layout.

I saw a nifty layout idea, it's on a upside down T frame at either end, and when not in use, the layout rotates to be vertical! Just a thought?
  14. G

G'day Guys! I've gotten my N scale model railway underway today. I built the frame and base for it. She measures: Left section (550w x1100mm) Right section (1000w x 900mm) Main section (2400w x 900mm) Completely altered the shape of it, because I decided to dedicate a room to...
  15. G

How do I enhance my overpass supports

I'd suggest the scale is wrong. Size the blocks up by 250-300% Definitely an effective method.

Back