Recent content by gjslsffan

1. gjslsffan

Have you actually ridden a narrow Gauge train?

The happened about 5 years before my time in the mine. Well Lake Emma (not Imogene) was up above the mine. The mine worked 2 shifts, 5 days a week. The miners would drill a round which basically means drilling all the holes needed to blast the face intended. If you didnt have time to load a...
  2. gjslsffan

Thanks for the kind words and input. The mine I worked was at the end of the road. So, when you hit that T at the east end of Silverton, go east, and go to the end. It changed hands a couple times. Was Sunny Side, Echoe Bay, then another couple outfit names. I haven't been there for 3...
  3. gjslsffan

After I was discharged from the USMC (Honorably in 1983) I went to work underground in a Gold mine in Silverton CO. We had 3 different gauges of RR underground, 16", 2' and 3' main level. They were all quite robust, even with rubber tire equipment in conjunction in operations. All chain...
  4. gjslsffan

FORUM UPGRADES - COMPLETED (For real this time! I hope...)

Just uploaded a couple images, site running very fast for me.
  5. gjslsffan

Front End Friday

6. gjslsffan

Front End Friday

7. gjslsffan

TEBC6 Build

I made a couple of these 15 maybe 20 years ago. The SD9 is a good place to start. I think you may find like I did, that the SW cab is a good place to start too, but the SW cab is a bit short in length, also note the angular roof, which I just added styrene sheet to make the angle roof line, I...
  8. gjslsffan

Front End Friday

Handmade Number board, wonder what happened to the original. Photo by me in GJC
  9. gjslsffan

Blue Flags? Are they in use on your railroad?

That is what I saw too. Only thing I may add is. Only the same class of craft can remove a blue flag. Meaning a carman cannot remove a blue flag placed by a machinist or vice versa. I have seen trains held up because someone forgot to remove their blue flag. To the point of being called at home...
  10. gjslsffan

If you were to work for a railroad, which one would it be and what position?

This is kind of a challenging question. And longer response than I intended, but it is a question that I felt deserved a little longer explanation, and it is no where near complete. I started as a locomotive machinist (RR term for mechanic) in the early 1990's at the former DRGW Burnham shops...
  11. gjslsffan

Walthers HO EMD F40PH

That is some great detail work there. Really clean bending and modeling on the brass lines too. If I ever get an AMTK train it will be pulled by F40's.
  12. gjslsffan

Midwest Monday

On April 17, 2011. I remember hearing about this, we lost 2 crewmen that morning. We had a good idea what happened, NTSB confirmed crew fatigue. It was a sad day for us.
  13. gjslsffan

When your pet locomotive meets you at the door.....

Prolly gonna leave a big pile of hot traction motors on the lawn.
  14. gjslsffan

My adventures in Ho Scale.

A very impressive build process. Looks like you are having a lot of fun, and doing a really good job too. 😊

Back