Recent content by Freighttrain

1. Freighttrain

New layout and new to the hobby

Looking good Jason :D. Get R Done !!!
  2. Freighttrain

What is the right / best track to get?

Best advice I could give ya Dune is to head on down to your local hobby shop and ask around at the help. They should be very knowledgeable with what ya need. Most modelers go with Peco Atlas or Kato track. Alot depends on the budget you have to go by also. My suggestion would be keep it simple...
  3. Freighttrain

Brand new N scale modeler

Welcome aboard !! Glad to have you with us, come on in and relax and enjoy yourself. We love pictures,stories and questions and not necessarily in that order but help is always around the bend if you need it.:D
  4. Freighttrain

Jason the plan is to do Marquette ore docks and LS&I all the way passed the mines in Republic,possibly more freelancing after that but its on hold till I get my room back maybe after the holidays :mad:.Wife and kids have taken over my room again lol.That and I keep beating my head on a wall with...
  5. Freighttrain

Welcome aboard Jason glad to have ya here.Just finished trolling after coming home from christmas shopping.Track layout is awesome you are doing great!!! Funny you want to model lower Michigan and I am trying Upper Michigan lol. I was born and raised in Detroit alot of industry down there so if...
  6. Freighttrain

SCARM - Simple Computer Aided Railway Modeller

Found the problem mixy woot looks like it is running ok for now 3d graphics was being used on a game program my son had. Go figure.Looking forward to giving some feedback tomorrow :D
  7. Freighttrain

Hi Mixy, Ok I have checked and tried everything, I have the latest drivers available nothing seems to be working still get the error message. I have a AMD Radeon 6670 Graphics Card 8.982.0.0 version. Hope that helps. Crossing my fingers for a solution thanks.
  8. Freighttrain

Thanks tried that still same error message :mad:.
  9. Freighttrain

Downloaded Scarm today tried to use it keep getting an error message :confused: Exception EGL Context in module scarm.exe at 000BC879.Context activation failed: 0, the operation completed sucessfully. It wont do anything else, any suggestions Mixy ?
  10. Freighttrain

My Big Shed layout

Fantastic job !!! Keep up the great work and keep those pictures coming :D. I have a layout in mind that also has two helixs I am loving this !!! Great Job cant wait to see more :D
  11. Freighttrain

Help with my First N Scale Layout.

Other then that I see alot of potential and alot of beautiful mountains going up have fun keep us posted:D
  12. Freighttrain

Help with my First N Scale Layout.

Where does the wall that the AC is on go? Outside ? And what is the height of that from floor ? It may pose a problem for you later on.But the base cabinets i would diffently use as part of the bench if you could alot of storage there.
  13. Freighttrain

Iron Mining

Thanks Morgreh, I found those too, plus I dug out some old Model Railroad mags I had, not much showing the blueprints though. I know they make a HO kit I may grab the plans from there and scale it down. I know of 4 people who have modeled the docks in the past.Yeah I am looking at at least a 6...
  14. Freighttrain

Iron Mining

Thats great Joe maybe we can share ideas soon ;-) I am origianally from detroit moved to arizona in 05. Going to base my railroad on the LS&I and Possibly Escanaba & Marquette.Along with some fictional background Railway of my own. looking for blueprints of the docks in Marquette but havent...
  15. Freighttrain

Iron Mining

Hello guys, I am just begining to get back into Model railroading and was wondering has anyone ever modeled the Iron Ore Docks in N Scale from the Michigan or Minnesota Railroads? I would like to find some plans to model this for my layout. any help would be great. Thank You.

Back