Recent content by flyboy2610

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)
  1. flyboy2610

Muppet Studebaker

2. flyboy2610

Weekend Re-Construction

Sounds like a solid plan!
  3. flyboy2610

A new beginning inspired from my old Central Midland Layout

Your yard looks nice, Eric! And don't worry about the tracks. In the real world, they don't stay chalk-line straight for very long! The ground does move, and it takes the tracks with it. When I build a yard, I use the TLAR (That Looks About Right) method. If the tracks aren't perfectly straight...
  4. flyboy2610

The D&J Railroad -- From Scratch

But model trains won't kill you.
  5. flyboy2610

NMRA RP-2 Standards Gauge, Updated July 2019.

First I've heard of it, Mark.
  6. flyboy2610

Southern Pacific Coast Line in HO

Like I always told my kids when they were growing up: Ya gotta do the 'have-to's' before you can do the 'want-to's'.
  7. flyboy2610

Hawks NEW "MHO Junction" layout

Nice scene, Lloyd! Merry Christmas and Happy new year to you!
  8. flyboy2610

Friends of Bill W.

No. It's lifelong.
  9. flyboy2610

What did you get for Christmas?

Something to "bridge" the gap between the incline and decline on my eventual layout: The included bridge ties are for code 83 and code 70 rail. My mainline is going to be code 100, so I ordered some different bridge ties for it. Rob Bennett does a great build series on YouTube using the two...
  10. flyboy2610

Christmas Give Away How Many Wheel-sets

I'll go with 162.
  11. flyboy2610

The Union Pacific Soggy Bottoms Division (HO scale)

I don't have to be back to work until January 6th ( :D ) so I hope to get some progress done on this layout, and maybe catch up on few other projects (double crossover comes to mind). The outside yard work is as done as it's going to get, although I do need to cut up some tree limbs and get them...
  12. flyboy2610

Why does one particular spot on my track always get dirty?

This was my first thought as well.
  13. flyboy2610

Friends of Bill W.

Congrats to both of you! Php 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.