Recent content by Floorguy24

1. F

Bachmann GP40 EMD Noise

Thanks. I'll open it up when I have a chance. Didn't want to pull it apart if that noise was "supposed" to be there, like some sound effect. Not an expert with these trains, new to the whole thing.
  2. F

Bachmann GP40 EMD Noise

I recently picked up two used/older Bachmann GP40 EMD's that are about the same age and both make a "clicking" noise as they run. The noise sounds like a plastic gear constantly catching on something. Is this an intentional noise from the factory? Or is there something wrong? They both run fine...
  3. F

Newbie with coupler guestions

Thanks for providing the diagram. I'll check it all out once your parts arrive. :)
  4. F

True, didn't catch that. Here's a picture of the Kadee style that I'd like to switch to the horn style like the rest of my train set.
  5. F

So far you've all been very helpful, I really appreciate it. I'll take the coupler apart later on today and post detailed pictures that should help identify exactly what Kaydee style coupler is on there now.
  6. F

Just checked that out, very helpful. Had to edit this response, wasn't sent correctly the first time. Thanks!
  7. F

Thank You for the help
  8. F

PM sent, thank you!
  9. F

Very helpful, thank you!
  10. F

Can I swap the Kaydee style out for the horn style? Any sort of adapter needed?
  11. F

I'm brand new to model trains and recently started collecting Bachmann and Tyco HO scale trains/cars. I recently acquired two Bachmann GP40 Sante Fe locomotives that have a different coupler than all the other couplers on the rest of my collection. I've posted two pictures; one is the hook/loop...

Back