Recent content by elsner203

1. elsner203

The Space Between

I've been working on my layout for just over a year now. Actual construction of placing roads and buildings has been going on for about 6 months. I've had a hard time finding buildings to suit my layout since I want to do a modern, more urban rail. Since this is my first ever layout, it has been...
  2. elsner203

Lunde Models

Anyone have any experience with these models? http://www.lundestudios.com/nscale.htm They have some good looking models, but I'm unfamiliar with the quality and instructions, etc. Just thought I'd ask before I drop that kind of money for a single building. Thanks.
  3. elsner203

Most Bizarre Model Railroad Behavior

Probably some weird fetish stuff
  4. elsner203

Kato's F-2's are listed on E-Bay

I'm familiar with that eBay seller. They don't budge much on that "make an offer" deal. Might knock $10 off if you're lucky.
  5. elsner203

How did you pick your handle?

That's an awesome way to get a handle! Gator do 65, I like it. Best one yet, IMHO
  6. elsner203

How did you pick your handle?

Mine is my last name and my race number for my vintage motorcycles. One of which, is a Hodaka Combat Wombat. Digging a little deeper... I came up with my 203 race number one night while bellied up to a bar with my dad and brother. My dad introduced me as his youngest son. I was quick to point...
  7. elsner203

Need Help Identifying Locomotive

It does run, but won't make it through my turnouts without derailing. I'm gonna do a bit more research and try putting it up for sale. Maybe here, maybe eBay. Should be a good deal either way. I might have to go back and buy the other one for $10!
  8. elsner203

So it was worth the $10 I paid for it? :D
  9. elsner203

Here are 2 more images.
  10. elsner203

I was told it was Con Cor/Rivarossi, but there are no markings on it at all. The only marking I can find is Bachmann on the underside of the tender. They look like they go together. Safe to assume the locomotive is Bachmann also? I can't find conclusive evidence online yet.
  11. elsner203

N scale on the CHEEP CHEEP

With the exception of the costs of materials for my benchwork, my entire layout has been paid for by profits of sales from items I've either re-sold or consigned for other people. I started with a small layout and some trains that cost me $140. Kept some of it, sold most of it, then bought more...
  12. elsner203

Pulling The Trigger

I have my train station glued down and about a third of the track ballasted. I'm using Bachmann EZ Track (I know, I know) so I just ballasted halfway(ish) up the built-in roadbed and I think it looks pretty good. Getting the ballast between the track and the station platforms has been tricky...
  13. elsner203

Annoying Ads...

I agree with NScaler. Stop using IE. I use Firefox at home and Chrome at work. FF is so much better than the other two, IMO.
  14. elsner203

Annoying Ads...

Does your browser have any kind of search bar that is not for the browser? Something like google, Yahoo, Ask.com, etc? If you are using these addition browser toolbars, there is nothing you can do about it. Otherwise it's just "hot link" that you can usually turn off with customized settings for...
  15. elsner203

Pulling The Trigger

I ballasted some of my track today and I realized, the whole track is on top of a 2" slab of foam. Tear up the track and i might take some foam with it. Whoop-e-do!

Back