Recent content by DTI973

1. D

Transfer Cabooses

I remember in the 70's the PC used one for the local from Toledo, OH to Adrian, MI. I saw them regularly there.....so, yes, they did use them for local service. Brian
  2. D

Scratchbuilt 86' Hycube boxcar in 1/29 scale

Thanks guys, I know it will work on 10 foot radius. It'll probably work on 8 foot radius as well. Brian
  3. D

Scratchbuilt 86' Hycube boxcar in 1/29 scale

Hey guys, I just finished this scratchbuild project and thought I should show it off here! :D For reference, the body is 3 feet long. Everything except trucks, couplers, airtank, and brakewheel is scratchbuilt. Even the decals I had to make. Most of it is Styrene or ABS plastic. The...
  4. D

Show us your caboose!

Here she is!!!...:D...since this photo I've added the paint date and an ACI plate. Enjoy! Brian B.
  5. D

Show us your caboose!

Here's this weekends progress....I built all the windows (what a pain)....they came out pretty nice. Brian B.
  6. D

Show us your caboose!

Charles, That's mighty nice! It's too bad we lost Mainline Modeler magazine...... Brian B.
  7. D

Show us your caboose!

Sean, Love the CP vans...I modeled CP in 'O' scale for several years. Now,.......here's my latest caboose project.....it a 1/8 scale version of my DT&I #89 caboose....it's made from 1/2" furniture grade plywood. Brian B. Modeling DT&I 1980ish in 1/29 scale
  8. D

Show us your Sand towers

UPDATE: I've finished up the model. Now to work up the courage to weather her. Enjoy, Brian B.
  9. D

Show us your Sand towers

Crandell, That's an excellent adaptation....and your scene is fantastic. Brian
  10. D

Show us your Sand towers

Here's mine.....my latest scratchbuild project. A 1/29 scale version of DT&I's Flatrock,MI diesel era sand tower. The model is almost entirely plastic. The main support tube and storage tank are PVC plumbing pipe. The rest is Evergreen and Plastruct structural shapes. The expanded metal on...
  11. D

Take a cab ride - video.

Thanks guys, I took other videos that I may eventually upload, including one looking in front of the train as Larry suggested.....it was enough to figure out how to upload and join Youtube to begin with. Larry, none of it is on the ground. Brian B.
  12. D

Take a cab ride - video.

Hey guys, I just uploaded my first Youtube video. Climb up into the Railgon gondola and enjoy a ride around my outdoor track. The train is 1/29 scale and has the DT&I GP38-2 #1776 as the lone power on the point with 28 cars and a caboose stretching out at about 65 feet long. This...
  13. D

Bicentennial Unit completed!

Thanks again guys, Littlefoot: It's made out of plastic. It has onboard batteries controlled by CVP Airwire900 R/C DCC with a Soundtraxx DSX sound decoder. Each truck has a can motor inside it. Great speed control and no track cleaning...in fact it will run anywhere. Brian
  14. D

Thanks guys, Aaron: I don't have much HO (only a couple cars I plan on using as reference to scratchbuild some in my scale). Speaking of scale....1/29 is exactly 3 times the size of HO. So, it's 3 times as long...3 times as wide...and 3 times as tall....that increases the mass by a lot! What...
  15. D

Hey all, I've been whittling away at this project for a couple years and now it's finished. This is a USA Trains GP38-2 modified to represent DT&I's version of thier Bicentennial unit. It's 1/29 scale. Battery powered Airwire R/C DCC with a Soundtraxx DSX sound decoder also. Enjoy...

Back