Recent content by drolmaeye

1. drolmaeye

Airbrush help

Thanks, again, for the advice. I'll swing by the LHS and get Testors Acrylic Thinner prior to next practice attempt.
  2. drolmaeye

Airbrush help

Thanks for the replies. The compressor is one of those ones I see many places, that kicks on at 43 psi and shuts off at 58 psi (but maintains 30 psi while spraying). For now, I will get a small air tank (5 gallons) to fill and I will put a proper regulator on the outlet. This should allow me...
  3. drolmaeye

Airbrush help

Airbrush Fail . . . Rather than start a new thread, I thought I'd resurrect an old one, whine and complain a bit, and then the old thread can work its way down again over the next few weeks. Benchwork done and painted, track glued down, wiring done, DCC decoders installed, lots of trouble free...
  4. drolmaeye

Do they make an HO scale "railer"?

Check your PMs
  5. drolmaeye

Do they make an HO scale "railer"?

For example? http://www.eurorailhobbies.com/erh_detail.asp?ca=76&stock=7224 I just searched and happened to come up with this e-retailer for this product, but maybe you can find it elsewhere that is in stock and/or more convenient. Edit: Rix products (see post below) and Kato both make them...
  6. drolmaeye

LINDE cryo tank car-finished-scratched

Wow, car looks great, and nicely photographed. Thanks for sharing your work.
  7. drolmaeye

Atlas Code 83 HO Turnouts

Check your private messages. I put some links in there that may or may not pan out.
  8. drolmaeye

Portable John's - A 1950's Port-A-Potty Business

Hey, stopped to check out your work and noticed the Googlead at the top of the page is a Chicagoland portapotty rental business. You are now controlling the interwebs.
  9. drolmaeye

Preferred adhesive or cement

Okay, track laid, wiring done, first structure (plastic kit) came in the mail today. Kibri 38530 DEMAG container crane. Anyone care to recommend a bonding strategy (brand, thickness, application method, etc.)? Last time I assembled a plastic kit was about 25 yrs ago and I used Testors plastic...
  10. drolmaeye

Are feeders mandatory around EACH turnout?

I just finished laying the last piece of track on my first layout (L-shaped point-to-point, 11' x 11' x 18", HO scale) and now it's time to wire it up. I have used Atlas code 83 with #6 turnouts (custom line). The turnouts have insulated frogs that feed power through the rails (for example, I...
  11. drolmaeye

My first Atlas loco

off topic . . . the loco looks great!
  12. drolmaeye

Attatching track to foam

Thanks for the follow-up. For my own attempt, I will try to add ballast to the track in the first month or so after laying/testing the track. With this in mind I may give a line of white glue a try (easy to remove if I mess up, I hope) and then follow up with ballast later to help ensure...
  13. drolmaeye

GO Transit Model Trains

Was browsing tonight and came across this. 2 in stock: http://www.modeltrainstuff.com/Atlas-GP40-2-W-GO-Transit-702-p/atl-10000724.htm
  14. drolmaeye

Remove decoder to run DC

Thanks, all, for the good information. From the various responses it's clear I have several straightforward options. Tootnkumin, I would like to go DCC from the get-go (and probably will), but I am dealing with the issue of the initial start-up costs. Money isn't really an issue if I move...
  15. drolmaeye

Remove decoder to run DC

Is it possible/feasible to remove the DCC decoder from a Bachmann DCC On Board product http://www.modeltrainstuff.com/Bachmann-HO-RS3-CN-DCC-p/bac-64207.htm and run it using DC? If so, do I need to buy a blank or jumper plug (or anything else) to replace the decoder? I currently have zero...

Back