Recent content by DaWolf85

1. D

Building the Achierton[Ack-her-ton] Southern

I'd say the B&O was a Yankee road especially because it's Baltimore Yard kept getting ransacked and burned by the Confederates.
  2. D

NS High Hood

I think BLI has some HO scale high hood SD40-2s in its Paragon2 line. NS included.
  3. D

Now, I'm coming home.......

About the stub track below the lumber yard. Why is that there? It appears to serve no purpose whatsoever, so I'd suggest getting rid of it. In addition, it seems your approach is to cram in as much track as possible. Unless this is to be a city-themed switching layout, that is about as...
  4. D

Newbie with layout reccomendations

I have to agree with Jim here. You really should read up at least a bit on track planning, otherwise when you build your layouts, they won't be very fun and will have many problems. Nothing against you, we were all like this at one point or another. And just a note about reversing loops...
  5. D

Wheel cleaning tip works great!

^^True dat @w5blt: Denatured alcohol is a pretty good cleaner, actually. I don't know if it's good for this purpose, but you could try.
  6. D

Wheel cleaning tip works great!

Just sayin', but this thread is 8 months old...
  7. D

Premium Product Lines

Yeah, now it's Proto 2000 from Walthers. And Jim, BLI has Paragon2. Not Paragon. Just so that's right too.
  8. D

Atlas' GP40-2w pics are up...

See, I'd be fine with the errors that they have on this model, if they weren't charging an arm and a leg for it. But if they're going to charge us an arm and a leg for the thing, then it should be as good as they can get it, or at least pretty frickin' close. If there was a good reason for this...
  9. D

DC Loco running slow on DCC

I know that some DCC systems will support running DC trains with a DC throttle, but I was not aware that any would run a DC loco by themselves. I doubt what you're doing is helping the DCC system function properly with DCC locos, so I'd agree that getting a DCC decoder would be a good idea. Or...
  10. D

MTH SD70ACe

The couplers can be controlled on DCC and DCS. From what I understand, they will open at any speed, but will not close unless you are going above 22 scale mph. The couplers should be able to be swapped out pretty easily, though you may have to clip off a wire or something. In fact I think I...
  11. D

Realistic coal

That is the nicest coal I have seen that was not from the pages of MR. I'm gonna want some of that for my coal loads once I get the mine trackage set up and debugged.
  12. D

Mounting undertable switches in foam

I would agree with that last point, unless you devised some way of making the foam, track and scenery on top of the switch machine removable, or your RR was double-deck, in which case you don't really want switch machines hanging into the scene below.
  13. D

Plastics or lumber?

Personally, I'm modeling a small town lumber distributor. The story is that it still has a rail connection because it's almost right on the main line and found it cheaper and easier to just stick with rail delivery. I can't really give an idea for a plastics plant, as I have no experience...
  14. D

Open Sided Engine Facility

Interesting... What's the practical difference between an open-sided engine house and a closed one anyway? Always wondered...
  15. D

My first attempt at a tunnel portal

Tutorial pleez? Looks nice. Good job.

Back