Recent content by Dave_D55

1. Dave_D55

Arduino ideas, and help

Hi, I am a little late to this discussion. Lots of good resources here. I plan on doing some arduino projects - after I get my new layout running (so in a year or so). Here is a youtube link that explains a simple project for a model railroad. I hope you find it useful. Dave
  2. Dave_D55

Greetings from Northern Illinois

Iron Horseman, Thanks for the pictures. It really gets me excited to start my layout. Its encouraging that the cars I happened to buy will still work in a prototypical way. I appreciate the help. Dave
  3. Dave_D55

Jerry - Thanks for the welcome. Looks like we have the transition era in common. Iron Horseman - I appreciate your help and ideas. Thanks
  4. Dave_D55

There are a few competing ideas bouncing around in my head. I like bridges and tunnels - so one idea would be to model ATSF someplace farther west. But another idea is to model the Illinois Central between Streator and Freeport IL - and passing through my home town of Forreston. The IC and...
  5. Dave_D55

Thanks Chet & Mike for the warm welcomes. Chet - your video tour is great. So many great ideas I'd to adapt. Your large, deciduous trees are awesome - especially the way the camera flies through them. Your towns & industries really work well too. I am fairly lucky in that there are three...
  6. Dave_D55

Hi, I'm Dave in Northern Illinois USA. I have recently retired from software engineering at age 62, and will be creating my first permanent layout. I have three Athearn DC locomotives, enough rolling stock for one passenger + two freight trains (mostly Athearn), and a lot of of never-used...

Back