Recent content by Dacostasr

1. D

Short when in consist?

Thanks for your help! Dennis
  2. D

Short when in consist?

Sooo...with my bachmann GP 40 and my BL AC6000 I was hitting about 1.5 amps. The BL SD-9 and bachmann FT7 less than an amp. AC6000 and FT7 less than an amp. The fuses are rated at 1amp which I guess is why the fuse lights up with the first setup. 1.75 amp fuses are available. Dennis
  3. D

Short when in consist?

Lol...gremlins...I have 4, so I'll go try them now.dennis
  4. D

Short when in consist?

Any...I had the two trail each other and when one went into a new block the light turned off...when the second caught up the light for the next block came on.
  5. D

Short when in consist?

I used 16 guage wire, 3 feeders per block. Suitcase connectors for all the connections. Dennis
  6. D

Short when in consist?

I think you are right about pulling too many amps...I tried to do the consist with 3 cars inbetween locos, no luck. So, I tried running the locomotives separate, usually I run them on separate sides of the layout (until I can get switching locos down to an art), but this time I ran them closer...
  7. D

Short when in consist?

Thanks I will give it a try in the morning. Dennis
  8. D

Short when in consist?

In consist the CP6 "bulb" lights up when throttle is applied. When I kill the consist I can run them independently without issues. I tried both advanced and old style, but I am new to this so I tried to follow the manual. I will check the couplers in the morning... Thanks for the replies. Dennis
  9. D

Short when in consist?

New guy here...I've run into my first electrical problem. I've run my engines with no problems, while I build my layout, until today when I tried my first consist. My NCE cp6 starts to light up. I thought maybe it is a mixing of brands (BL and bachmann) so I tried it with two BLs and then with...
  10. D

My first layout...operations possible

Thanks Frederick! Going down to the basement to make some adjustments. Dennis
  11. D

Frederick, I really appreciate your help. 1 is the Main 2 is the beginning of long inner loop that goes to the yard 3 is the other end of the long inner loop coming from the yard 4 is a "run around" 5 is the main Dennis
  12. D

Thanks for the comments and help! This is my first layout so I think I've been using track because I have it...lol. The long loop was my attempt to get to the yard without fouling the main...didn't know if it would make sense. I kept seeing crossovers in the different books so I thought I...
  13. D

Here are new pics...I think I willrun with this one. What does everyone think? Left side industry. Right side scenic mountain where those trees are laying...interchange on the other side of the mountain. Thanks in advance for any comments. Dennis
  14. D

Change Bachmann FT-A body to GP?

Thanks! I'll be checking out the local shows and evil bay. I knew if I asked here I would find out... Thanks again Dennis
  15. D

Change Bachmann FT-A body to GP?

I want to change the body of the FT-A that came with the digital commander set to something like a GP or SD or a switcher of some kind. I've been searching all day for some info but can't find info on a body that might be close to a drop on. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance...

Back