Recent content by D940CW

1. D

Newbie Forum - HO amateur hour :}

tables are up..... now what??? Hello fellow railroaders! So I glued the foam to the tables and they are all set. My imagination has been running wild with ideas to model, but I am now somewhat puzzled. Since I am in a small apartment space is limited. I wanted the track to be able to loop...
  2. D

benchwork in progress :-) Got two benches 2.5' x 8'. Got them with legs and wood tops. I need some advice on foam now. I got two big 4x8 sheets of blue foam (Dow) and am thinking how to glue it????? Liquid nails?? I spent about 100$ total on all materials for the tables and I have...
  3. D

my layout so far ;-) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl_cyLNXnG8&feature=youtube_gdata_player Hope the link works
  4. D

Sounds good! Is it possible to have a few DC operations mixed in my "layout" along with this DCC ?? My first task is to get a big flat surface that I can perhaps crawl under to get to other ends of it setup in my little apartment :D Then I want to create a few different things, like a small...
  5. D

Yes I'm so excited. The mailman brought me like 8 packages yesterday omg! I have not opened them yet, I feel like a kid at Christmas! I plan on making things work with what I got. Also being thrifty about it, as this hobby seems expensive! I got a little Christmas bonus and threw the whole...
  6. D

I think I need to slow down on buying crap from EBAY omg..... I bought about 4 auctions with a smorgishboard of track. I tried to get all nickel steel but just bought some brass. I really like the long peices of so called "flex track", hahaha I mean that's like using ribbon rail for my...
  7. D

OK, so I think I have my work cut out for me creating a layout from wood. Any suggestions on what type ? I assume plywood, what thickness ? Also, I was assuming I would use make shift horses to support the sheets of wood ? Is that a good idea or should I create legs ? Last night I set up...
  8. D

:-) I got a dash 9 kato.... Norfolk southern. And yes I can use a saw :-) Thanks!
  9. D

Hi Fellow Model Railroaders! I'm brand new here just moments out of the production line :) I have purchase about 600$ worth of random items (a few locos, about 10 rolling stock cars, and two or three track kits) from ebay. They are all in the mail. I did buy one cheap BNSF rail chief kit...

Back