Recent content by D&J RailRoad

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)
  1. D&J RailRoad

Setting Up ESU System

Another anomaly of this system. The Mobile Command II has to be logged into the ECoS command center via a receiver (mini access point) by entering the host name and password that you can setup in the ECoS command center. When the second Mobile Command II was finally able to link up to the ECoS...
  2. D&J RailRoad

Setting Up ESU System

The size of my empire and the extent of the DCC accessories, i.e. multiple power districts and signal system.
  3. D&J RailRoad

Setting Up ESU System

Got the ESU Wi-Fi receiver installed in a semi permanent location. It's not as robust in range as the literature declares. The ESU command center is built into the benchwork now and can be easily lifted down to the work surface for programming. The Digitrax command station and boosters have been...
  4. D&J RailRoad

Setting Up ESU System

No fees that I'm aware of. Just need a lot of patience waiting for a response.
  5. D&J RailRoad

Setting Up ESU System

Ok, got it working again. I think the key to it is; enter the host name and password about 45 times, rebooting the system each time and presto, it comes right up.
  6. D&J RailRoad

Setting Up ESU System

I'm getting the impression that ESU believes if you don't thoroughly understand network protocol and packet formats, you have no business in model railroading. They have other things to do rather than answer stupid questions from rube modelers.
  7. D&J RailRoad

Setting Up ESU System

another thing the ESU dealer had been telling me. He sells command stations that were manufactured over 10 years ago and they only have to be updated with software. Wonder if that has something to do with the failures of this system.
  8. D&J RailRoad

Setting Up ESU System

Looking at the ESU support page. You can't go in and read in the forum unless you're a registered member. There is a FAQ page there that addresses registering. It says, "I registered a few days ago but I haven't gotten access to the forums yet". Hmmmm, how was the user able to put a message...
  9. D&J RailRoad

Setting Up ESU System

Well that was short lived. The second Mobile Command II unit has failed. It won't connect to the Wi-Fi. I tested my smart phone on the Wi-Fi and it connects right away in just a few seconds. The MC II won't connect even with the AP only a couple feet away. Nice goin ESU. Your stuff is lacking...
  10. D&J RailRoad

Setting Up ESU System

Oh yes you can. The only problem is they forgot to put that into the Mobile Command II instruction manual. I'm still waiting on a response if I can add a second Wi-Fi receiver unit on the loconet for better coverage. Perhaps your system is only designed for use on a small kitchen table top layout.
  11. D&J RailRoad

Track Laying Tool?

I got away from tracing my track plan onto the benchwork. It always got hidden under the cork roadbed so I couldn't see it anyway. I found that I could just lay the cork in the area that I wanted the track, and make sure it had smooth transitions into and out of the curves. Track would fit...
  12. D&J RailRoad

Setting Up ESU System

It finally let me in a little bit ago. Not sure what I did but just went through the login procedure again and Just like that, I was in. I posted a question about adding a second Mobile Command II receiver to the system.
  13. D&J RailRoad

Setting Up ESU System

Just starting the system up is like starting a desk top computer. It takes about a minute or so and sometimes ya have to link the handheld to the command station again. Still can't get into the ESU forum. Not sure if it's something I'm doing wrong or their system isn't working right.
  14. D&J RailRoad

Setting Up ESU System

Now I'm finding out that you cannot MU locomotives using the Mobile Command II. That's the hand held throttle. I guess ya have to plan you MU in advance on the command station. Apparently Europeans don't MU their locomotives so that is kind of an oddity. I'm guessing their demo of multiple...
  15. D&J RailRoad

Setting Up ESU System

I tried to establish a forum account with ESU. Can't get past the registration part. A circular process of' create an account, user name and password, Register, login with new user name and password, password or user name not in system. Create account, user name already in use. Go to login, User...

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.