Recent content by ctclibby

1. ctclibby

Running Bear's April 2024 Coffee Shop

Good Morning All! 46F @ 74% raining, hazy with very slight winds. Did not have to go to Spo yesterday. Sally decided to get a motel there for the night. James is probably there as we speak. He has an appt Monday. Kept my face glued to the weather channel watching all the twisters. What a show...
  2. ctclibby

Good Morning All! 49F @ 81% and overcast. To be 70F later. Went to Kal yesterday as Maria had a dental appt. We looked at getting her implants. Geesh, $42K out the door for something that is only guaranteed for 10 years. Sure the implants ( 4 top, 4 bottom ) are probably good to go for longer...
  3. ctclibby

Good Morning All! 37F @ 61% and looks to be severe clear. 70's later. Spent most of the day yesterday getting all the ..um.. lawn tools ready for Maria. Power washed tractor, lawn tractor, power washer, push mower, weed wacker, 2 chain saws and 2 not lawn stuff vehicles. Push mower (...
  4. ctclibby

Good Morning All! 35F @ 61% clear right now, weather guessers say 65F later. Geesh, miss two days and the posts pile up. Did one of our 'loops'. Left 0500 Sat AM heading for Polson for an American Legion district meeting. Meeting was humdrum at best. Escaped about noon for lunch with our...
  5. ctclibby

Western Wednesday

Ya, used to be the longest tunnel in the Western Hemisphere. Mt McDonald (sp?) tunnel at Rogers Pass came in something like 300 ft longer. The thing about the Cascade Tunnel is if you stand just at the right spot at the West Portal, you can see the other end. Well, if the door is open. It is...
  6. ctclibby

Western Wednesday

These are scans of chemical film. Kinda grainy but have good information. Guessing 1990 for the date. 1st is East Portal before the 2nd ventilation fan: After the 2nd fan was installed: Door closed, ventilation on: Later
  7. ctclibby

Guy: I suggest that you do use the pain killers when you sleep. Sleeping is the best way for the body to heal itself. If you are sleeping good, this is pretty much moot. When my 3pass happened, they were giving me Fentanyl, both IV and pills. Told them to turn it off. 1st night was toss and...
  8. ctclibby

Western Wednesday

Wow, I guess I have not been up there for awhile. Did you drive up a little further? There is an access road ( maybe used to be? ) off to the right you can drive into and park. This is from 2010; you can see where the Jersey Barriers kinda split almost across from the radio/camera tower. A car...
  9. ctclibby

Western Wednesday

Boy, that looks to be an old picture. Lots of stuff missing. Also, is that tall signal on the right a really old ventilation signal? My days there in the 90's had pretty much a light bulb on a telephone pole for the vent signal, probably the one to the right. Give 'Insert Train Here' thread a...
  10. ctclibby

Good Morning All! 39F @ 75% and cloudy. To get to 68F later. Just quick in and out this am as I have 2 workstations and server to build. Beer: drinking on the elevator is so right on so many levels! Celine Dion: say the vowels in her name out loud. Later
  11. ctclibby

Good Morning All! 43F @ 71% with partly. Made 72F yesterday, only 69F later today. Next week looks to be colder. Concerts - hmmm lets see if the brain cells all swim upstream. Spokane 1969/8 Merlie Rush opened for Iron Butterfly @ the Gonzaga Arts center. Both good. A 'rock' band in CDA of...
  12. ctclibby

A big layout

Hay Chris! Go and get a couple of cheap house kits; something simple. While you are building them, ask your SO to figure out what kind/style of curtains they need. Maybe what flowers and pots on the porch. How about interior wall color? I mean, go fishing! Later
  13. ctclibby

Good Morning All! 49F @ 68% and overcast. To get upwards of 70F later. I see spring has sprung for most as this place is not all that busy; and it is working just great! Today is planting day for awhile this am. Maria has buckets for spuds, wants a couple of roses in near the front of the...
  14. ctclibby

Good Morning All! 45F @ 74% and partly Could see the 'partial' eclipse yesterday through the clouds; on and off. Pix was a no go as even though the moon was masking the sun, camera did not get any of the 'black' part. Darktable was no help. I suspect that we saw 30% to 40% coverage. Did find...
  15. ctclibby

Gawd! That a tip or a bribe?

Back