Recent content by csxgandn

1. C

Powering Rapido Railcrew Uncoupler

I installed one of these magnets a while ago but have not figured the best way to power it. I want to power it and see how this one works before I buy more. The instructions say to use a 12 volt D.C. (min. 500 milliamp). I asked Google but haven't seen anything I'm sure will fit my needs. If...
  2. C

Locomotive headlights

Hi, all. I have a Walthers NS GP-60 that has all kinds of options for front and rear headlights to flash in several ways and brightening/dimming patterns. I would like to at least make an attempt to use these features somewhat prototypically. I have searched Google add nauseam but only info...
  3. C

First Try At Weathering / Painting

I may be able to post a link to the YouTube video. Let me know and I'll see if I can figure that out :). I painted it completely with a rusty brown and mixed in a grey while still wet by swirling the brush to mix the colors together. One can add more of one color or the other until happy. After...
  4. C

First Try At Weathering / Painting

Sorry about the orientation of the pics. I used a technique I saw on YouTube to paint my Walthers Bridge (although I used slightly different paints). Given that I have never painted a model before I'm satisfied but would certainly like to hear any advice or constructive criticism anyone has...
  5. C

Glueing Plastic To Wood

Thanks again, guys. I stopped at the store on my way home and glued it earlier. I ended up seeing the "Goop" at the store and used that. I'm going to try to get a picture of it up tonight to show my first attempt at weathering.
  6. C

Glueing Plastic To Wood

Thanks for all the feedback, guys. I think I'll get it glued today and hopefully installed by tomorrow. If if I can find my camera I'll put a picture of my first attempt at weathering in the weathering forum Thanks again Paul
  7. C

Glueing Plastic To Wood

!Hi, everyone. I bought a Walthers single track bridge a while back and intended to buy another to form a double track bridge. However, I decided to use 1/4" plywood for the deck bridge and use the sides of the bridge from the kit to save a couple of bucks and add some uniqueness to my layout...
  8. C

How do i change address of nce snap it decoder?

Thanks, Toot! Also, thanks to you and Darren for your advice about addressing decoders. I have removed my Atlas track and am replacing it with PECO. I'm not to the point that track power is hooked up yet so I don't kn0w if operating the two decoders at once will have an effect on the trains...
  9. C

Oky, I've been with this forum for a while and as a beginner have asked more questions than anything else. The folks here have given some great advice and are very helpful. I'm glad I could be helpful to someone else Paul
  10. C

I first asked about this because I didn't want two decoders to respond simultaneously. However, I just installed two decoders to control two turnouts that make up a crossover. I do want both of those to change points by sending one command so I gave these two decoders the same address. It works...
  11. C

Sorry. I meant the shorting plug, not the shorting pin. And here I am criticizing NCE for not being clear ;)
  12. C

Put the shorting pin on the programming pins with the power ON (not with power off like the instructions say) Press Select Accessory (I use NCE Power Cab) and enter the new address for the decoder and send it a command (doesn't matter which one) Remove the shorting pin. The decoder will now...
  13. C

I'm not surprised to have no replies yet, I don't think these decoders are widely used from what I can tell. However, I finally got through to NCE. Turns out step one of changing the decoder's address in the supplied instructions states the exact opposite as what one should do! Also, the...
  14. C

Hi again. I got a couple of NCE Snap It decoders for my PECO PL 10 switch machines. I installed one and it is working fine. However, I cannot figure out how to change the accessory address from the default address of 001. I read and thought I followed the instructions but it still only responds...
  15. C

Spring 2017. Photo Fun.

You'll have to tell me what's not prototypical about it (I'm new to the hobby) but what a nice weathering job. Congratulations on the store too! Paul

Back