Recent content by csx 404

1. csx 404

MRC/Tsunami Programming Problem/Solution

The other day we ran into an interesting problem at the club layout. We had three locomotives, two Atheran and one Stewart/Bowser that came from the store DCC/Sound equipped with Tsunami decoders. All three locomotives were new out of the box and had the same issue. When we went to program...
  2. csx 404

SPTrains.com Warning!!

Luckily, I caught it before they charged my card and I cancelled the order. I also filed a complaint with Discover. Its a shame there are web sites like SP Trains. I agree with the other post that said not having an "About Us" is a red flag. Also, thanks to someone on here, I was able to get...
  3. csx 404

Best Hobby Shops on the Web

I agree with you. As much trouble as I had with SPTrains.com (see thread below on that), Model Train Stuff is fantastic. I received an Athearn SD60I from them that looked like it had been through a war with broken handrails and steps. I called them, they immediately e-mailed me a shipping...
  4. csx 404

SPTrains.com Warning!!

Folks, here's a friendly warning...DON'T BUY FROM SPTRAINS.com!!! As others have speculated, this is a web site that does not stock anything they have on the site. I waited a month, sent numerous e-mails, never got a response. Finally, thanks to someone on here, I got the phone number...
  5. csx 404

SPTrains.com Warning!!

I am having the same problem with SP Trains. I placed an order a month ago, I got a receipt via e-mail the same day and haven't heard anyhthing since. I sent 3 e-mails and no reply. I'm going to call Discover card and try to stop the transaction.
  6. csx 404

SPTrains.com Warning!!

I ordered a RS-27 from them over a month ago. Three e-mails and no reply. Looks like I better cancel the credit card transaction. Unreal!

Back