Recent content by chimmike

1. C

N layout suggestions!

I thought I made it clear but I guess I didn't :) I also meant to say N scale. I'll have to scrounge up some time on xtrkcad and see if I can wrangle something
  2. C

N layout suggestions!

I've got xtrkcad, but I'm so busy lately I have no time to sit down and fool around with it. I was kind of hoping some people would throw out their ideas of a neat 12'x2' 'shelf' switching layout. :D
  3. C

N layout suggestions!

anything??
  4. C

N layout suggestions!

I think like a really neat, tightly packed northeastern US setting would be cool. Maybe a small dock with tracks as well as street running, a multi-track bridge over a small river, lots of industrial switching, small yard. Now, On one end of the layout, I can tack on another 20" of depth for...
  5. C

N layout suggestions!

to be honest, i'd like to freelance. no particular era, roadname, or location. Just whatever ideas are introduced, i'll see what I like and integrate them, i think.
  6. C

N layout suggestions!

Givens: 2' x 10 or 12' table. I'm almost positive it's 12' but I have to measure at home. 1/2" fiberboard table. I've got about 2" of foam on top, but of course that can be added to/taken away from. N-scale Atlas code 8 flex and switches. Druthers: Flexible but numerous switching with room to...
  7. C

N layout suggestions!

Stipulations: Atlas Code 80 track Size: 10' or 12' long by 2' wide. Goal- moderate industrial switching, maybe road-running as well in some parts, maybe a multi-track bridge in the middle over a river, sort of as a scenic divider. I'd decided to reduce the size of my old plan and go...
  8. C

dcc vs dc

DCC ready means you can use it on a DC layout. In order for a DCC ready loco to be DCC, it requires a decoder. DCC equipped or decoder equipped you can't use on a DC layout.
  9. C

Digitrax decoder install w/Kato

I'm gonna say you might have to isolate the motor from the chassis, this is an occasional issue, considering the locos are 4-5 years old, which I'm guessing is pre-most DCC ready era locos. other than that, good luck
  10. C

Digitrax decoder install w/Kato

does the motor need to be isolated from the frame? are you using any kapton tape if they require it?
  11. C

Need Some Help on Next Layout

Just a suggestion that I've heard on the board here. Make sure you do your planning. But don't overplan it, because you'll never get to building it!
  12. C

Heres my begginers layout after three months of additions

I too have a 244hp v6 accord now. My Z wasn't stock. It was about 400rwhp, single turbo. Fun car :) Mid to low 12s on street tires. I miss it. The GT500 is definitely a straight line beast......I meant my comment to be more of a joke :)
  13. C

Heres my begginers layout after three months of additions

that's sacreligious having a mustang sitting at a tuner shop! -Mike (ex-turbo 350z owner)
  14. C

4 inside viaduct arcs installed

cool! looks good
  15. C

DCC in Bachmann 4-8-4 (N Scale)

I'm guessing the season doesn't help your cause much. I don't blame you on your anxiousness. I've got one good running DCC loco now, another one not-so-good that i'll be selling, and another two without decoders waiting for those to arrive. My thing is finding a nice switcher (end cab/low...

Back