Recent content by chestateegol

1. chestateegol

Iowa State Railroad Club

Say, I was real close to going to Iowa state. I went there all the way from Georgia to interview for an army rotc scholarship and received said scholarship. I found out the school had a railroad club and I thought I was sold but I made the last minute decision to stay in Georgia... What was I...
  2. chestateegol

What Track Do You Use

My layout uses Atlas code 100 flex track and Peco code 100 switches. Too smoooooth. Robert
  3. chestateegol

Painting a curved line

Just figured I'd show yall how it turned out. I was going to cut a decal for it but my LHS was out of decal paper. So instead I free handed the curve based a picture and then traced that onto some masking tape. This was the result. I think it's turning out pretty good, so long as you...
  4. chestateegol

Locomotive Help Needed

Well, the first thing is to check to see if your track and wheels are clean. Sometimes the problem lies simply in that. After that I would take the shell off of your engine to see what it is doing as it rolls along. Sometimes the motor is tied down too loose or too tight and it makes the loco...
  5. chestateegol

Wpf, 06/04/12-06/10/12

Corey, Semi gloss, i'll have to look into that. That was the look I was trying to give my cars but wasn't able to get with dullcote. And when I have something that isn't prototypical I just say that's how it is on MY railroad haha. Robert
  6. chestateegol

Wpf, 06/04/12-06/10/12

Corey, Great job on those heavyweights. They look very good. Did you hit the cars with some clear cote of some kind after you finished decaling them? Robert
  7. chestateegol

Building the Pinnacle Creek Mining & Timber Co. RR

HOexplorer, I just went through 35 pages of this thread and all I can say is wow, what motivation! It makes me want to get to work on a layout but it turns out that that's hard to do in a military college dorm, haha. You really do some amazing work and you should be proud. Robert
  8. chestateegol

8-40cb??

This is really cool. Please keep posting those progress shots! Robert
  9. chestateegol

Painting a curved line

Pretty well all of my paint is water based so the micro mask is likely a no-go, but I'll keep that in mind for future projects! Dan, Wow that is a really great idea, I would never have though of that. I'm think I might just give that a try. Robert
  10. chestateegol

Painting a curved line

Cjcrescent, I will probably do either one or two as that seems the most straight forward. Thank you! Robert
  11. chestateegol

Silver on Athearn Cab Side Windows

Alternatively to the paint pen you can just use a silver sharpie if you have one. It isn't runny and the result is just as good as a paint pen. Robert
  12. chestateegol

Painting a curved line

Hello all, I recently bought a new old stock Stewart RS12 and am planning on stripping and painting the model into Seaboard Air Line. I have done some painting in the past, but nothing that required me to paint curved lines as the Seaboard's switcher scheme has. Here is a picture...

Back