Recent content by chessie_system3

1. chessie_system3

Using two DC transformers in a layout

You're welcome. Glad I was able to help you out.
  2. chessie_system3

Yes this would be two blocks. You may want to share a common wire between the two packs. Something like this would work for you.
  3. chessie_system3

Your post seems a little vague to me but from one DC modeler to another I did some digging and hopefully this will be of some help to you.
  4. chessie_system3

Front End Friday

Oldie but goodie. Chessie GP40-2
  5. chessie_system3

Best method for removing Athearn Bluebox decals?

Well I went and found an old Athearn shell in the parts box. I used a pencil eraser. Here's the end result. Probably best to replace the reporting marks on my other unit. The box latches hold what's left over of the number or even close to a latch. The reporting marks are on really smooth...
  6. chessie_system3

The numbers. Or I could actually change the reporting marks on it as well. The number belongs to a B&O unit. Or I could keep it C&O and change the number.
  7. chessie_system3

I inspected the loco again. I guess the numbers and the sort are painted on. Best guess would be to paint over what I want changed then? Or is there another way?
  8. chessie_system3

I know the older BB locomotives were painted. You can tell on my SD40s and my lone U23B. The ones on my GP40 however I'm not so sure about. It just seems different. I guess they could be painted on as well.
  9. chessie_system3

Anyone know the best way to remove Athearn BB decals? Mine is the newer style one that came out just before the RTR line.
  10. chessie_system3

Running Bear's October 2023 Coffee Shop

Good morning fellers. I hope everyone is doing well. It's finally Friday. Nothing new to really report on. I figured I would at least stop by and say hi. That's all I have for now. Hope everyone has a good day.
  11. chessie_system3

Evening fellers. I hope everyone is doing well. Coming to the end of our short heat wave here. Back to fall weather this weekend. I received my order today from hornby. They carry the airfix kits that I enjoy putting together. I'll be adding a FW190 to my list. But first I'll finish my P51. I...
  12. chessie_system3

This is where my desire to model a GP38 came from. I stumbled onto this a long while ago. Don't know if I want to try and modify and old yellow box atlas shell though. http://www.piedmontsub.com/GP38Project.shtml
  13. chessie_system3

Morning fellers. I hope everyone is well. Have to get tires installed on my wife's car this morning. The price of that endeavor is enough to make me dependent on antacids. Stumbled on something I forgot I even had yesterday. I found a decal sheet for c&o and b&o units. If I remember correctly I...
  14. chessie_system3

Afternoon fellers. I hope everyone is doing well. Can't believe it's October already.....I finished my first American airplane today. The decals were a pain!!! Not to mention they are really thick as well. Here's my completed P-40N. I might touch it up some with paint but it's good as is. My...
  15. chessie_system3

Running Bear's September 2023 Coffee Shop

From digging here. The pilot was Major Helmut Wick. He was commander of 1 Gruppe/Jagdeswader 2. The R stands for Richthofen. The Red Barron. This unit saw a lot of action during the battle of Britain. The Spitfire MK1 I put together belongs to the pilot who shot down Maj Wick. The English pilot...

Back