Recent content by chadbag

1. chadbag

Running Bear's April 2024 Coffee Shop

Looks really nice. When we do the add on room (I call it a covered porch but its a framed room attached to the back of the house), which will have a concrete subfloor. we'll use that decoupler with the tile. It seems the gypsum based subfloor is less of a problem from what I read as most...
  2. chadbag

Yeah I went aand did research and I learned that it is common to directly apply tile to well waterproofed gypsum based substrate (gypcrete style lightweight concrete). (and not at all on walls). We should be ok. Thanks. The Semco waterproof membrane stuff is a poly-urea based one that is an...
  3. chadbag

You're right. Probably an oversight. I'll ask the guy who helped me (who did it) about it though I know he and his partner haven't done it on another job I saw them do (several years ago) which has held up well. We're over a waterproofed layer of gypcrete. Hopefully we don't get adverse...
  4. chadbag

So I drove by our Walmart that is local to us today. It was $3.79, where it had been in the $3.6x on Monday. Luckily I found a Walmart about 12 miles away as we returned from my daughter's music lesson and it was $3.59 Monday. I stopped then as I knew it wouldn't be going down. I filled up...
  5. chadbag

Gasoline prices are crazy. $3.99 now at most places though Walmart was $3.59 at one Walmart and upper $3.6x at another on Monday. January was $2.26 Walmart and $2.42 everywhere else. And back then diesel was $1 or more higher tham gasoline. Around here diesel is below regular gas the last...
  6. chadbag

Saturday it was mid 70s. Yesterday mid 60s. Today upper 30s and raining. Kind of sucks. Rest of the week is supposed to be relatively nice. On the house the solar panels started operation a week and a half ago. First couple days were overcast and only had limited production but since then...
  7. chadbag

Yeah I've never considered AC/DC a metal band. It's definitely "hard rock".
  8. chadbag

Of course today was even a more worse (worser) bloodbath (at least for my wife's self directed 401k I manage). Only 1 ETF had a gain and it was only a penny and my AAPL shares rose as well (which are in the 401k and there are less than 20 shares). On about $67k it was down $1k today after $800...
  9. chadbag

Very true.
  10. chadbag

Just remember theat their profits have to go up in order to be the same. In other words, the inflated pound or dollar isn't worth as much as it was last year or three years ago so to have the same profit in terms of worth they have to have a higher profit in terms of number of pounds or...
  11. chadbag

It's nice to see that two dudes can shake on a deal. Obviously the correct documents and legal stuff need to be done in the end but it's nice to see a shake to tentatively make a deal.
  12. chadbag

And what is "Schnitzel sauce". We have chicken patty burgers/sandwiches but Schnitzel is German and comes in various styles (traditional, Jäger, etc) Anyway, glad it was good.
  13. chadbag

RE: earthquakes. The large earthquake we had here in Utah was March 2020 and it was 5.7. We regularly get small ones (2-3) but the larger ones are not often. This 5.7 was kind of scary as the ground wobbled for several seconds and it was sudden and "confusing" as we'd not have one in a long...
  14. chadbag

Valkyrie names for Orcs is not allowed.
  15. chadbag

Yes the original post was on April 1 (on FaceBook)

Back