Recent content by CambriaArea51

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

1. CambriaArea51

Running Bear's June 2019 Coffee Shop

Good morning.... All the projects look good that you guys are building. I don't do anything trains till fall, the summer months I spend as much time as possible.
  2. CambriaArea51

Terry- Sorry for your families loss. Got an email from Scale Trains they're doing Chessie SD40-2's long in coming. The rain is let up, we only get rain every 4 days instead of every 2.
  3. CambriaArea51

Willie- Been busy with my parents in and out of the hositial the last few weeks. My brother and I been trading on and off keeping the grass cut there at their house. All is good now just mostly getting their meds adjusted. The rain here has made it a challenge to keep up with stuff. Only thing...
  4. CambriaArea51

Happy Fathers Day to all the dads out there.
  5. CambriaArea51

Running Bear's May 2019 Coffee Shop

Good morning....Sunny but 49, nice to do yard work in these temps but it would be great to have the temps in the normal upper 50's range in the morning.
  6. CambriaArea51

Evening, the ball field at the one fire hall got mowed finally after all the rain. We don't have a grass bagger at work so I took mine over after work and clean it up for tomorrows game.
  7. CambriaArea51

Live loads

Nope, run those coal cars as much as possible. All the trucks are tuned with the same metal wheels.
  8. CambriaArea51

Good morning....Sun and warm temps today and this weekend, might be able to have a morning cup of coffee outside.:)
  9. CambriaArea51

Live loads

Paul, Thanks I had a car pick a switch one time and rolled over. We have a small shop vac to cleanup any problems but haven't had any since we replaced the switch. The dumper and the loader draws a crowd every show. I'm always looking at stuff to makeup loads. The hard part is finding the...
  10. CambriaArea51

Live loads

I do live loads for freight cars anytime I can. The club I belong to one guy has the rotary dumper and I have the coal loader. I'll run 50-60 loaded cars with pushers. I also look at anything I can make a load. My neighbor has a machine shop and got some milled aluminum chips for a gondola load...
  11. CambriaArea51

Got a few things in the mail today.Hard to find gondolas (a UP and CSX ) 53' Atlas and 4 Atlas 89' triple hitch TTX and Walthers 40' rebuilt wellcars.
  12. CambriaArea51

Good morning....Cloudy and rainy again. I feel like I'm in a black and white movie.
  13. CambriaArea51

It depends on what part of the country your in. Barbecue for some would be cooking with charcoal. Some areas call it soda some pop. Some call the 5pm meal dinner some supper. Right or wrong simple terms can have different meaning depending on where you are.:)
  14. CambriaArea51

Good morning.....Cloudy, rainy and 45. Coffee is hot though.
  15. CambriaArea51

Good morning....Coffee is on.

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com