Recent content by Burlington Bob

1. Burlington Bob

Running Bear's August 2020 Coffee Shop

Good night America, how are you ya? Been a busy week so far. We took my little buddy, Riley, to the vet this morning for a check up. He's been sick and running a fever that got as high as 105.4 for a brief time. We wrapped him in a damp towel to help cool him off, thankfully it worked. The...
  2. Burlington Bob

I almost started 20 years ago

Welcome to the Forums! Looks like you're off to a great start! Keep us informed on your progress and don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have. There's some really great folks here that are very willing to help. And check out Running Bear's Coffee Shop. It's THE place to shoot the...
  3. Burlington Bob

Tools Forum?

I think that a tool forum would be an excellent idea! I also like the idea of including workbenches with it! I think it could be a popular forum.
  4. Burlington Bob

Good morning America, how are ya? Riley is improving a little. Still running a slight fever but he's eating and drinking better, so we'll take every little bit we can. I'll take an order of what Willie is having. I agree about the tractors, not so much the planes, though. Good idea about...
  5. Burlington Bob

Good morning America, how are ya? It's 75 here on the Cumberland Plateau with a high of 86 predicted. Thanks for all the likes and well wishes for Riley. He did pretty well yesterday but started a fever again this morning of 103.2 the last time we checked. Really worried about my buddy...
  6. Burlington Bob

Good morning America, how are ya? First time back here in close to two months! I've dropped by a few times to try and catch up, but I'm way behind! I've (we've) been busier than the proverbial cat in a litter box with two trips back to Illinois in the past month We've had some good and not...
  7. Burlington Bob

Running Bear's June 2020 Coffee Shop

Good morning America, how are ya? Just another quickie! Been to Wallyworld, took the doors off of a big refrigerator we are giving away tomorrow and several other things so far. Getting ready to put up shelves in the laundry room and have more to do after that and I don't see any light at the...
  8. Burlington Bob

Good morning America, how are ya? This is going to be quick, as I (my wife, too) are busier than the well known cat in a litter box! :) I haven't quit this forum, but life is coming at us fast and I just don't have much free time right now. It looks like this will continue for about another...
  9. Burlington Bob

Good morning America, how are ya? Got back from Illinois and got the U-haul truck unloaded and returned yesterday, then mowed the yard. My I-phone said I had walked six miles yesterday. I believe it. The truck was packed with mostly my woodworking tools, as well as mechanics tools, my welder...
  10. Burlington Bob

Grashhook, Galesburg & Western Div of C.B.&Q - c. 1948

Trailrider, I know exactly what you mean about remembering something from your childhood when really young. I have several memories from when I was very young and they are just as vivid as if they happened yesterday! They are very special and I hope they never fade!
  11. Burlington Bob

Sherrel, there are those who would argue that was money well spent!
  12. Burlington Bob

Good night America, how are ya? Back in Illinois and I’m having a blast right now........getting ready for my colonoscopy in the morning! Had to go to the hospital last Sunday to have a Covid-19 test before my adventure tomorrow. Got a call this afternoon and they said I passed and I didn’t...
  13. Burlington Bob

Grashhook, Galesburg & Western Div of C.B.&Q - c. 1948

Really nice recreation of a historical event and even cooler to have been a part of it!
  14. Burlington Bob

Running Bear's May 2020 Coffee Shop

Ain't it the truth!:) Nice layout work!

Back