Recent content by Burlington Bob

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)
  1. B

CB&Q color?

If there was one thing I could change on the Kato E and F units and probably the PA's as well, would be the front coupler mount. I don't have any of their freight locos so I don't know how they're designed.
  2. B

Kato F7 A issue???

Tony, that's no way to run a railroad!:rolleyes:
  3. B

Kato F7 A issue???

Tony, the reason your Milwaukee F7 shell is longer is because it's a FP7. The difference is that EMD added four feet to make room for more water storage for the steam generator for heating passenger trains.
  4. B

I want to ride this train

I knew we could count on you, Toot! Good one!
  5. B

help me find a site where I can configure and buy HO locomotives

Streamlined Back Shop http://sbs4dcc.com does custom installs for DCC and is highly regarded for their work. For the best sound and motor control, you can't beat ESU decoders. TCS and Tsunami also make good decoders as well.
  6. B

Running Bear's LXXIII Coffee Shop

Just got home from work and got a chance to do some catching up. Hope everyone on both ends of the country make it through the storms OK. Greg, I guess that you would want to be very specific when asking about a "lay away" plan.:rolleyes:
  7. B

Loco Stalls After Stop

Do you possibly have a good motor that you could switch out with one of the problem locos? That would help to eliminate one possible problem. I know it is a pain in the rear but it is a process of elimination.
  8. B

Running Bear's Coffee Shop LXXII

Good morning America, how are ya? It's 28 degrees and headed to 50 today and low to mid 60's Monday and Tuesday with a chance of thunderstorms and rain. I don't like rain but I'll take a couple of good downpours to wash off all the salt and accumulated winter crap! Starting to make the turn...
  9. B

Eric, check this out. https://www.goodrx.com/zofran?drug-name=Zofran
  10. B

Good morning America, how are ya? A lot has been going on with us for the last 5-6 days, thankfully none of a bad nature. The worst was the fact that I got up early yesterday for an appointment to get a new C-pap. We drove 45 minutes to get there, then we were told that the respiratory...
  11. B

Garry, that is good news about Patti's. My wife likes to find an interesting place to visit and if it sounds like good food is involved, all the better. It is very kind of you to offer a visit to see your fantastic layout and I do appreciate the offer. If everything works out, my wife and I...
  12. B

Good morning America, how are ya? It's 10° and we got about 3" of snow by the time I got off work at 11 PM. It made for a slow drive home because snowplows in Illinois are an endangered species. They seldom get out before the snow quits, even if it lasts 8-10 hours. Big change from when I...
  13. B

AmTrak train crash

Safety culture is one of the strongest indicators of overall performance for any company. When I worked as a Boilermaker at nuclear power plants, safety was the biggest factor that was ingrained into everybody's work habits. A cavalier attitude towards safety WILL lead to an increase of...
  14. B

Decoder wire sizes

Decoder wire is 30 gauge wire. I've always saved the wire that I've cut off when installing TCS CN-GP decoders. So far, it's been all I've needed for installs. I also just pinch the end of the wire between my fingernails and pull to strip the insulation off of the wire before tinning it prior...
  15. B

This is one sale you won't want to miss!!! These are some of the best deals you will find all year long! http://itsamanslife.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/ToolSale.pdf

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.