Recent content by Brakeman Hal

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)
  1. Brakeman Hal

Should I Return to HO?

Sound in my O-Scale 2-Rail locomotives, you say? THAT'S HOW THEY CAME, RICO! My MTH 4-6-2 Pacific steam locomotive cost me $800, and it came with a full sound package including Whistle, Bell, Synchronized Chuff, Brake Squeal, Coupler Crash, Steam Letoff, Dynamo Whine, Air Compressor Chug when...
  2. Brakeman Hal

Should I Return to HO?

I recently took my dog to the vet, where he thought Barbie had worms from the X-Ray, but it was actually an N-Scale train, which she passed. Hal
  3. Brakeman Hal

Should I Return to HO?

Before building my present layout, I had an all-indoor 150-foot railroad for running my G-Scale 2-6-0 Mogul and its short consist. Now THERE was a real heavy rumbler...It made O-Scale seem like a child's toy! Brakeman Hal
  4. Brakeman Hal

Should I Return to HO?

I don't want ANY activity on my Calico Freight Lines Railroad! I just like it running around and around on its 127-foot course, with nowhere else to go! I don't want to be bothered with throwing switches for sidings and spurs, and I don't want ANY man-made structures of any kind on my layout...
  5. Brakeman Hal

Should I Return to HO?

It's now over, unless someone wants a reply from me. Brakeman Hal, age 83 1/2
  6. Brakeman Hal

Should I Return to HO?

I don't know about my "eye site", but my eyesight is just fine! Hal
  7. Brakeman Hal

Should I Return to HO?

Yes Jim, the HO track fits snugly inside my O-scale 2-rail track, but it results in a trashy, non-prototypical appearance. Nope...those 2 scales do not work together! Hal
  8. Brakeman Hal

Should I Return to HO?

Hey Sirfoldalot: Yes I have a Pacific, but I'm using it for light freight service because I couldn't find a Mikado or Consolidation in O-Scale 2-Rail. It's an MTH locomotive, a Pennsy. I'll post a picture soon! Thanks for the inspirational boost...I guess I'll stay with the big stuff...I like...
  9. Brakeman Hal

Should I Return to HO?

JazzDad... I believe that, JazzDad! I was just waiting for someone to tell me not to forsake a good thing that I have so much time, labor, and expense invested in! Look at the difference between my O-scale 2-Rail and the little HO engine! No way am I going back to that small equipment...
  10. Brakeman Hal

Should I Return to HO?

Patrick, I have no HO items left. If I made the switch I would need a Mikado or Consolidation steamer and a GP35 Diesel Loco, plus 6 or 8 pieces of assorted freight Rolling Stock, and a Caboose. I would also need 43 pieces of 36" Flex Track. What's a PITA? Hal
  11. Brakeman Hal

Should I Return to HO?

Railrunner 130, I've been retired for over 21 years... I'm 83 years old. :) I would still have to re-track AND buy On30 equipment, but I'll consider it! Brakeman Hal
  12. Brakeman Hal

Should I Return to HO?

Here's my Layout: Brakeman Hal
  13. Brakeman Hal

Should I Return to HO?

Over a year ago, I re-tracked my 127 foot Folded Dogbone layout from HO to O-Scale 2-Rail. Now I'm finding that my choices in Steam and Diesel engines and rolling stock is severely limited in wheel configuration and Road Names. Re-railing back to HO would not be a big problem, as I'll continue...
  14. Brakeman Hal

O-Scale 2-Rail BNSF or Santa FE SW1200 Switcher

Looking for an O-Scale 2-Rail (not Lionel 3-Rail) BNSF or Santa Fe SW 9 or SW 1200 Switcher with DCC and Sound. Brakeman Hal
  15. Brakeman Hal

An inside look at life as an Engineer (Q&A)

That was the Pennsy...the Pittsburg-Wheeling division. Hal

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.