Recent content by bnsf971

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

1. bnsf971

There's a prototype for that, part II

O, it would still be a 4-4-0, just running in reverse. You may be asking your question incorrectly. Steam locomotives could, and frequently did, run in reverse. That means unless it is a tank engine, it would be running tender-first. If you are asking about a steam locomotive that was turned...
  2. bnsf971

Running Bear's June 2019 Coffee Shop

Good morning. It's raining and 69. We had 3"+ of rain overnight from strong thunderstorms that rolled through starting at about 8:30. There is an areal flood advisory and flash flood watch until 9:00 tomorrow. I picked up the new, new tractor last night, and arrived home with it just in time for...
  3. bnsf971

Just the person that holds the account.
  4. bnsf971

There's a prototype for that, part II

We ran our 2-6-2 in reverse half the time for excursions, since there was no way to turn it.
  5. bnsf971

Willie, the reason it continues to get hotter when the days are getting shorter is due to the Earth's orbit continuing to approach the Sun even though the axial tilt moves the Northern hemisphere away.
  6. bnsf971

Ray, if you want those ditch lights and the seller won't ship to Australia, there's always plan B. You can Paypal the money to me, I can buy them, get them shipped to me, and forward them via our shipping station to you.
  7. bnsf971

Our weather station at the local airport seems to be having an issue... About an hour ago, it showed it was 255 degrees F, and just now it shows -130 degrees F.
  8. bnsf971

Good morning. It's partly cloudy and 75.
  9. bnsf971

Well, the lawn is cut, but it looks like Stevie Wonder did it, after the damage to the deck. I talked to the store where I bought it, and their response was, "bring it back, and we'll swap it out for another one". I'll probably do that tomorrow evening.
  10. bnsf971

keN, the new one was manufactured in Tennessee. The broken one was manufactured in Ohio.
  11. bnsf971

I'll buy one if you'll come over and mow my yard with it.
  12. bnsf971

Sigh... The new tractor lasted .3 hours before it go tore up... Our local cable provider left several feet of steel wire laying in the grass, which I found by running over it while mowing. A new blade assembly and mandrel for the blade is needed, which Charter/Spectrum/Time Warner/whoever they...
  13. bnsf971

Good morning. It's clear and 62. I decided to temp fate one last time before turning in, and ran a 60 car freight powered by 7 locomotives. It ran like it should, with no problems. I do need to adjust some volume levels, because the EMDs in the consist drowned out the GEs, and it should have...
  14. bnsf971

I fought the lawn, and the lawn won. I've spent almost the entire day since my last post earlier trying to fix a sudden disaster in the lawn department at our house. In 2012, I bought a brand new Cub Cadet tractor, with the intention of it being the last one I would need to buy. Yeah, right...
  15. bnsf971

Sherrel, the phone plan is called Magenta 55 plus. As for the television situation, there are many stations you can get over-the-air with a basic outside antenna.

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com