Recent content by bnsf971

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

1. bnsf971

Running Bear's October 2019 Coffee Shop

Good morning. It's clear and 46.
  2. bnsf971

Chet, enter the lead engine on the right throttle, pushing the knob to change direction. Then add the trailing units using the left throttle, pushing the knob to change direction. The difference between the real world way of MUing and the way Digitrax tells you, is you enter the direction the...
  3. bnsf971

I think that was part of the problem. I had seven units on a train that could have easily been pulled by a single locomotive.
  4. bnsf971

Ken, there has been some new (?) research that indicates migraines can be caused by, and made much worse by, caffeine. If he is constantly chugging coffee or energy drinks to keep going, they could be making the problem worse. I know if I drink a cup of coffee while suffering from a migraine, it...
  5. bnsf971

Assassins...
  6. bnsf971

Work has been progressing on the small-ish N scale layout. We go until we reach a stopping point, then we have to wait until I have time to continue. We put down some plaster cloth under where the track will go on the subroadbed today, now we have to wait for it to dry for the next step. Just...
  7. bnsf971

Chet, if you are using the DT402, or similar, I can probably talk you through it.
  8. bnsf971

It's "raining"--if you can call it that. I've been watching the rain fall on the lid of our trash can, and it's evaporating before the lid has a chance to get completely wet.
  9. bnsf971

Good morning. It's mostly cloudy and 59.
  10. bnsf971

Garry, I think if that traction tire comes off again, I'd just leave it off. There are traction tires on the two flanged wheels on that truck, it sould be more than enough to pull a short train under the tree. You can get a wheel without the groove for the tire machined into it, if you want to...
  11. bnsf971

Joe, do you have DVR capability?
  12. bnsf971

Good morning. It's either mostly clear (MSN) or mostly cloudy (Inaccuweather), depending on who you believe.
  13. bnsf971

Johnny, did you pass the final exam so you can retire? Or are you going to have to repeat the course?
  14. bnsf971

Good morning. It's clear and 49.
  15. bnsf971

Sherrel, I remember living there, I would know when I passed Norco on the interstate. I would be able to smell the dairy farms even with the windows rolled up and the a/c on.

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com