Recent content by Blueleader

1. B

Yankee Dabbler

I have bought many boxes of PECO track, best price around, and turnouts over the past 8 months with no issues. Also purchased various other items, with fast shipping and good tracking, and would definitely recommend YD to anyone.
  2. B

Walthers Mainline vs Athearn Roundhouse

Thanks for the info. I bought two Roundhouse NS AC4400's and I'm not very impressed. I have Athearn Genesis and there is a world of difference...I know price is way different as well. But some companies use the same motor and drive/gears in lower lines as their premium. The 2 Roundhouse are...
  3. B

Walthers Mainline vs Athearn Roundhouse

Just wondering your experiences with Walthers Mainline vs Athearn Roundhouse Diesel loco's. Basically which line has the smoothest and quietest drive? Are the axles metal or plastic? Any known issues with the GEVO's? Thanks for any input.
  4. B

Plaster of Paris or Hydrocal

It looks like the Charcoal color would be the best for hydrocal rock. What colors have you tried or anyone else reading this :-)
  5. B

Micro-Engineering's Yard Ladder Turnouts

Thanks for the kind words everybody Thanks for the kind words everybody, good to be part of the forum. I did email ME suggesting to mold larger headblock ties on the side opposite the diverging track at least for the ladder turnouts. I plan on using ME's ladder system on the upper layer rail...
  6. B

BTW I found the templates for the ladder system on Crusader Rail Services.com (http://www.crusaderrail.com/mec.html ) under the ME ladder system...A very helpful website and they sell ME as well.
  7. B

I recommend ME's ladder system I just finished installing ME's ladder system with 1C, 4D's, and 1E to finish it off. I like the system very much because you don't have to add extra track in between turnouts, and the switches are on the opposite side of the diverging track. I do not like the...

Back